Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung qled frame backlight bleeding

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 03:59 PM)
QLEDframe
Journeyman
Options

20210106_081851.jpg

I am facing issue with backlight bleed on my new samsung frame tv. Which is a month old only I have contacted service centre's they replaced the qled panel but issue still persist, and engineer has to say that panel works in this way only, what a shame to such big display company that simple issue cannot be fixed. Again contacted samsung service head of India its been two weeks no action taken , seems samsung don't care about customer any more

28 REPLIES 28
b0wi
First Poster
Options

I have the same spots on my 75" 2022 Frame.
Looks so rubbish in dark movies.

0 Likes
WinguNotts
Journeyman
Options

I changed tv to qled 65 inch q70a and now is all good. I read somewhere those frame tvs need some distance from wall or something like that.. I think problem is with frames they are sometimes to tight and they deform and make ***** like this 

0 Likes
finalerm
Student
Options

Had same issue with my 2022 75” frame. Really sad to see how common it is, it’s a great TV otherwise

BC8EC796-5DD9-4DFA-96C6-A1B1F5C452EA.jpeg

0 Likes
Members_eQs8wn9
First Poster
Options

I must say that I bought QE65Q95TD few days ago - so basically older high end version of QLED from  Samsung.

But I must say that I am reallly disappointed with television, eventhough its not that severe as you have it on pictures, where you have issues even in the middle of screen etc.

I have issues around corners which is most probably IPS glow (I can probably accept that), but bleeding on the bottom of the screen is extremely annoying in case of watching movies which have "black frame bellow and above - I dont know whats proper name for that).

If you try to run tests etc. showin black, white, colors - everything looks fine, but if you run real life picture its obvious. Quallity of SAMSUNG TV is awfull and to be honest I dont know what to do now... The worst is that I throw away box from TV. Otherwise I would pick it and return it back to shop and buy Philips instead of that and I would probably pick something withou local dimming, because issues appear when there is some "local dimming" use, which cause "sharp" visible lights comming from bottom mainly (its visible elsewhere but its not that bad)

my biggest concern is that I would not suppose this from FLAGSHIP QLED TV.... thats why I throw away box, because simply it cannot come to my mind that anything like that can appear.

This is how it looks like.... first photo is after all adjustments, playing with that. Bottom and cormers are still visible but its better than it was and i odered ambilight from govee which will hopefully improve that to make it less distracting

After udjustments:

20220825_235102.jpg

20220825_235045.jpg

  before adjustments:

20220823_231543.jpg

20220824_011629.jpg

0 Likes
Members_OWcPLlu
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem (bleeding on the bottom of the screen) and I see that you have solved it quite well. Please send me your settings.
Thanks

0 Likes
Tom Canada
First Poster
Options

I might try this. Is the fix immediately apparent or do you need to wait

0 Likes
razzo2
Apprentice
Options

I think those other brands also do the same unless you get OLED

0 Likes
razzo2
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue, and sadly they replaced a panel with a much worse one, and I didn't ask for the panel to be replaced but they said they would fix again, however, after 4 weeks they send someone else and they won't do a thing! Really upset that 1,300 tv is such bad quality. They do look good during the day and without dark scenes. But watch TV at night and a lot of movies have fsrk scenes. 

0 Likes
Backlight bleeding
First Poster
Options

I have recently purchased a 85" QLED Samsung screen and experienced the same issue. I am now on my second set and although slightly better it's still really evident and detracts from what is normally a lovely looking picture. Despite me sending through pictures of the same content on my other screens that do not show this issue Samsung are saying there is nothing wrong with the set. I find it very hard to accept these patches as being 'normal' and would not have bought the set had I known. I am now looking at options as Samsung do not seem to care .

0 Likes