Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QLED does not recognize PC via HDMI after one little simple incident, I tried literally EVERYTHING!!!

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 09:02 AM)
Aria97
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have samsung QE65Q60AA Software Ver 2101 and Asus gaming laptop with 4k output windows 11 updated all drivers.

Everything was fine until yesterday when I was playing a game and using my Samsung TV as my display via HDMI, game mode was on and working fine and one second I came to disconnect my Ethernet cable and I just touched the HDMI cable connected to my laptop that caused it to get disconnected from my TV and the game crashed (refresh rate service error). After this incident I couldn’t connect my Asus laptop to my Samsung TV anymore, first I thought my cable is broken but I tested it with a different Laptop and it worked fine with my Samsung TV, and then I though my Asus HDMI port may be broken But I connected it to another TV and it worked fine too!

So there is something specific wrong between my Asus laptop and my Samsung TV, I tried different types of HDMI cables, different resolutions but it didn’t work at all.

Then I thought maybe somehow my Asus laptop or my Samsung TV is blocked the other one after that incident that my game crashed, so I reinstalled my Windows and Reset factory my Samsung TV, but it didn’t help!

My Asus laptop detects the second screen (my Samsung TV) but my Samsung TV doesn’t recognize it (says unknown device).

I tried different HDMI port of my TV, I tried first connecting them then turning on my laptop or vice versa but none of them helped me!

I would appreciate if anyone could help me solve this weird problem!

6 REPLIES 6
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried another HDMI
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Aria97
Apprentice
Options

Yes I tried 9 different HDMI cables HDMI ver 1.4 and 2, supporting and not supporting 4k!
they works with another laptop and this Samsung TV, and also they works fine when I use them to connect my Asus laptop to another TV!
just can’t connect my Asus to my Samsung TV!

0 Likes
Aria97
Apprentice
Options

Yes I tried 9 different HDMI cables HDMI ver 1.4 and 2, supporting and not supporting 4k!
they works with another laptop and this Samsung TV, and also they works fine when I use them to connect my Asus laptop to another TV!
just can’t connect my Asus to my Samsung TV!

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Very odd, can you try another hdmi port, is it a one connect box or direct to the TV.

Beyond that check through the input manager on the TV menu.

Frustrating issue, seems the firmware has messed something up, unsure if you can rollback firmware, maybe try downloading the prior firmware to USB and try.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Aria97
Apprentice
Options

I tried All Three HDMI ports of my Samsung TV,

I connect my Asus laptop to my Samsung TV directly with HDMI

It’s not possible to downgrade firmware. 

0 Likes
Aria97
Apprentice
Options

The problem happened when I came to disconnect my ethernet cable from my laptop and it is close to the HDMI port, and I just touched the HDMI cable and the connection can not be established afterwards.

I don’t know if the disconnecting of the ethernet cable might relate to the problem or not. (the HDMI cable is with ethernet as well)

0 Likes