Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QLED 8K - black screen - with sound

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 02:23 PM)
kim368
First Poster
Options

I have a black screen, i have sounds & can hear the remote chnage the channel.
happened today, went off, so i unnplugged/plugged back in, it worked for a minute or so, same again. came back on, same again. third time, no picture at all, just sound!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
l7fourty
Journeyman
Options
I'm sorry but I think you might have got a dud mate!
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It needs repairing or replacing. Samsung may want to try the former BUT get in touch with the retailer you bought the TV from and have them deal with it for you
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @kim368    Try the  General troubleshooting here , One connect Box may need to be disconnected and HDMI  cables checked. https://www.samsung.com//support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/#tv-with-a-one-connect-box-has-no-pictu...       You could also try  powering on the TV and pressing the Home button on your remote. Does the Home menu appear on screen? If  the Home Menu does not appear on the screen  press and hold the Power button on the remote  until the boot logo is displayed on screen.  Uk support information here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ However if there is still an issue the Tv will need to be repaired or replaced  (if this is an option from retailer)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ropper75
Pioneer
Options

Same has just happened to my 700t less than 6 months old. Had no bother until the other day when I put it down to sky box but then is started to happen almost every 30 mins until like yours it wouldn’t come back on. Left it off at wall for few hours and it came back on but the last 2 days same issues and getting worse. Called Samsung after redirection from Richer Sounds had to send a video and was told I’d get a call back within 4 hrs yet 24 hours later nothing from them. Along with the screen judder starting to think there was a reason these TVs were so cheap compared to others on the market🤬

0 Likes
HU55
First Poster
Options

Did anyone get an answer to the posts above…?

Got my 700T 6 months ago, no issues till last week, black screen & sound a couple of times last week, then a couple of times a day at the weekend, now it wont hold a picture for more than 20 / 30 minutes.

Now waiting for two days for someone to get back to me…

E-mailed video showing issue & have had several calls only to be fobbed off…

0 Likes
Unhappychappy46
First Poster
Options

I’ve got same problem 6 month old screen needs replacing  … having to jump through hoops with customer service ..all that money and failing after short time I’m three weeks in  now and still got broken tv  not happy at all .. I asked for money back they said no … wrote a honest bad review  and moderators have taken it down … we are in the uk Samsung freedom of speech here (democracy) 

0 Likes
ccarlin12
Student
Options

I couldn't describe it better myself, I have the exact issue with my 8k QN75Q900RBFXZA. Samsung is offering no support because I am 3 weeks outside of 2 years, (I had to purchase an additional year warranty because they only provide a 1-year warranty ). Were you ever provided with an accurate diagnosis? Asurion (yup, Samsung sends repair referrals to a phone repair company), is proposing that I repair this TV by process of elimination.  They want to try the main board first, then the t-con board, and then the actual Panel.  Everything I am seeing online says that the panel is bad.  Any information that you have would be much appreciated.  Thanks-

0 Likes