Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QLED 2020 - wifi connection to WPA3 and PMF - any success story?

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 08:16 PM)
Wifi6E
First Poster
Options

I have problem. My Q80T would not connect to wifi router unless it is downgraded from WPA3 to WPA2 and PMF (protect management frames) is disabled. As a router i am using FritzBox 7590. I am suspecting that there might be bug in router firmware not allowing TV to connect. For that reason i would like to know if there was anyone successful connecting QLED 2020 series TV to wifi where there is WPA3 and PMF enabled.

Thank You!

Chris

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Mr Mauro
Apprentice
Options

Different Samsung TV, but same problem. It can't connect to my network with WPA2/WPA3 on a FritzBox!

Dozens and dozens of devices are connected to it without any issue... Except for the Samsung TV! To make it work I have to "downgrade" it to WPA/WPA2!!! That looks like some sort of bug of Samsung TV because it is then after all connected with WPA2 😞

0 Likes
mkuser
Student
Options

Hey, Same here. I have new UE65TU8500 and to my amazement it did not want to connect to my WiFi until I have switched it from WPA3/WPA2 to WPA2/WPA; meaning I needed to disable WPA3. Go figure. BTW TV has latest version of firmware. 

0 Likes
Mr Mauro
Apprentice
Options

It's unacceptable that a modern TV doesn't work with WPA3/WPA2 configured on the router!

In the family, we have phones that are 6 years old and they were working perfectly with WPA3/WPA2!!! But not the Samsung TV 😞

Wifi6E
First Poster
Options

This is getting interesting.

It could be that the issue is actually in the way that AVM implemented WPA3/PMF. If this was actually big samsung issue and this would not work at all with any WPA3 router then we would hear that all over the media. However, this is not happening, and I am not really following German language forums to see if there are more complaints there.

So all in all I will push it as a support case for AVM - not much hope there, but... who knows...

0 Likes
Wifi6E
First Poster
Options

And which router are you using if I may ask?

0 Likes
priller
First Poster
Options

The defect still exists in the 2022 Q90B, that is pretty poor.

I had to create a new SSID just for the TV with only WPA2.  Everything else works just fine on an SSID with a WPA2/WPA3 profile.

Members_gzpTaJU
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue here as well on my enterprise.

They switched to MAC authentication

WP3 is not working on our Samsung Smart TV's

I don't think a lot of people have WPA3 already implemented these days

0 Likes
borisdog
Student
Options

Q90 series here, wouldnt connect WPA2/WPA3 to either my Netgear RAX120 or eero pro 6 networks, clearly a Samsung issue.

The TV doesnt need to be WPA3 compatible, but it should be able to work with WPA2/3 mix modes like every other device. 

0 Likes
borisdog
Student
Options

WPA3 doesnt matter, it should work in WPA2/WPA3 mix modes such as this. Other devices have no issues.