Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QE65Q8F Connect Box issues

(Topic created on: 24-04-2018 11:13 PM)
Kolobos
Apprentice
Options

Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased a Samsung QE65Q8F and occassionally the connect box is unable to identify my Cinema AV Amp or it does not detect an input source and therefore no picture is displayed. It sometimes forgets it has ARC and I end up with two audio sources playing at once, the audio from the tv speakers and audio from the the cinema amp. If I unplug the Connect Box and plug it back in the issues are reset and everything is OK again. 

Is this a common issue or should it almost never happen?

Steve.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Kolobos wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased a Samsung QE65Q8F and occassionally the connect box is unable to identify my Cinema AV Amp or it does not detect an input source and therefore no picture is displayed. It sometimes forgets it has ARC and I end up with two audio sources playing at once, the audio from the tv speakers and audio from the the cinema amp. If I unplug the Connect Box and plug it back in the issues are reset and everything is OK again. 

Is this a common issue or should it almost never happen?

Steve.

As I have said to others with faults on new TV's the set should work as advertised out of the box. If not it is usally a fault with the set and you should inform your retailer. If it is less than 4 weeks old ask for a replacement or refund and if older it may need to be repaired. Make sure to register the issue with the retailer as soon as possible, as they are responsible.

Kolobos
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
Many Thanks, I'll contact the retailer straight away as I have 6years warranty. Tv is approx 6 weeks old and I thought the issue was just a one off as I also have a new 4k UHD Cinema A/V Amp.
0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Kolobos wrote:
Hi,
Many Thanks, I'll contact the retailer straight away as I have 6years warranty. Tv is approx 6 weeks old and I thought the issue was just a one off as I also have a new 4k UHD Cinema A/V Amp.

Its all ways worth registering a possibe fault straight away and then ask for their advice. These days equipment should work out of the box as long as it is connected together correctly. Sometimes could be the cables, but unlikely. They are the experts so ask them, most here are other owners, and sometimes the moderaters may help if they can.