Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SAMSUNG QE65Q80BATXXU 65" picture settings

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 12:25 PM)
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Hi all,

Just bought a SAMSUNG QE65Q80BATXXU 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant, which i must admit is really nice.

I previously had a Samsung and adjusted my picture settings to what i felt was at its best.

This TV don't seem as sharp in HD on my tv viewing which my previous one did.

Anyone got any recommendation to picture settings please so i can try and get the best out of this new one i have just bought.

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No problem ,with a bit of experimentation you should be able to improve the picture quality and find best settings for yourself. Yes I mind you  talking about your previous model.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @valleyboy22 Whilst can make some recommendations think you need to experiment a bit on a new Tv, preferences will differ.   check the sharpness level but generally this needs to be balanced and not at too high a level, if it is set too high you likely to lose detail.   Motion  processing is usually best at minimum level, for instance Auto Motion plus and Digital Clean View.  I prefer Brightness at average level with contrast relatively high.  However I do not have one of the latest models. This set utilises the Intelligence Mode but can try out the other settings such as Filmmaker,Standard and Movie.  This model seemed to be well regarded in terms of HDR. Can see some details in this article https://www.t3.com/reviews/samsung-q80b-review 

There are also some settings advice in Rtings https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80b-qled/settings 

Anyway enjoy your new Tv :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Thanks for the reply.

I have been playing around with the settings and i will look at the link you sent also. I remember doing Auto plus etc on my last Samsung to improve picture quality, so i will have a look at this to.

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No problem ,with a bit of experimentation you should be able to improve the picture quality and find best settings for yourself. Yes I mind you  talking about your previous model.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Not sure how i can eliminate the move effect motion on the tv. Did it on my last one but cant seem to see what i might of did so i can do it on this one.

0 Likes