Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung qe55qn90batxxu - suddenly not receiving aerial/terrestrial channels and no option to autoscan or manually scan

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 12:26 PM)
LHEND
Apprentice
Options

Samsung TV purchased in October 2022 - worked perfectly till yesterday when all aerial/terrestrial channels have been lost.

Have used Online Chat and he accessed the TV via Remote Management -  couldn't resolve so awaiting a text message from Samsung once this has been escalated - no idea when this will be sorted.

Aerial cable has been unplugged and re-plugged.

TV has been reset (so losing all Apps and having to log back into them again)

Samsung TV Plus has been disabled.

There are no faults with the aerial cable or transmitters here.

Online helper tried to go into Broadcasting/AutoScan and could see that there's no option to do an autoscan or manual scan so we are completely stuck.

Clearly alot of people on here with the same issue - has anyone had it resolved or do we just need to return this TV and get one that isn't Samsung!!

thanks in advance.

L

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Brian007
Navigator
Options
Sounds like a circuit board/software problem. Either way Samsung should offer a new TV if unable to fix it.
0 Likes
LHEND
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. Think you might be right as no other real explanation why it has suddenly stopped working.

Just plugged a spare freeview box in to prove it's not an issue with cabling or transmission. Fingers crossed we hear from Samsung soon.

LHEND
Apprentice
Options

So had to chase a response from Samsung today. Another 90 minutes on online chat,.this time a full factory reset done by them and the problem is still there. No aerial/terrestrial channels and  no ability to auto scan. Now got to wait 24 to 48 hours fro a phone call from them as it's a very unusual case apparently.

Meanwhile we plugged in an old freeview box and can access all channels. This together will all other troubleshooting surely confirms the TV is faulty?!?

Brian007
Navigator
Options
Definitely. I've always found using Twitter to send them a complaint is very effective mode of communication, compared to the helplines.
0 Likes
JezzaF
First Poster
Options

had the same issue, Samsung support weren’t able to resolve. I resolved it by unplugging tv from power for 2-3 minutes, reconnect power lead and rerun reset/setup then all good! Terrestrial tv now back :smiling-face:

0 Likes
RickHarpo
First Poster
Options

Did this really work? Anybody else used this method? 

0 Likes
Trigster
First Poster
Options
Used my remote to turn on the tv today, and it went straight to Samsung TV Plus!!!
I have deleted the channel list, removed (disabled) the Samsung TV Plus app, turned the tv off and back on again, unplugged the power cable, and the aerial cable, auto tuned and restored factory settings, and i still can't get normal terrestrial channels!! It's stuck on Samsung TV plus.
0 Likes
Trigster
First Poster
Options
I have tried the same, but it hasn't worked for me.
0 Likes