Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung QE55Q80T always turns on with Home Screen displayed

(Topic created on: 26-11-2020 04:20 PM)
TrevorJ
Student
Options

How do I prevent this screen from showing. I use my Sky remote to turn the TV on and am always presented with the Home screen showing all of the Apps. How do I stop this from showing on start-up?. Than you

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
I think there's an option in the "smart features " section of the menu called something like " auto run last app"
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@TrevorJ: Further to the advice offered by @DUMITRU79 please head to Settings > General > Smart Features > Autorun Smart Hub, and set this to 'Off'. To launch the last app you were using when you power on the TV, select 'Autorun last app' and turn this option on. 

TrevorJ
Student
Options

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I have switched off all of the Smart features from that menu but it still happens. I did call Samsung support and they said it can't be turned off but I'm sure there must be a way. It only happens if it is off for a few hours, like overnight.

0 Likes
TrevorJ
Student
Options

Thanks both, will set this and try. Best regards

0 Likes
TrevorJ
Student
Options

Thank you, this combination worked. Appreciate the help, I was sure there had to be a way.. thank you!

0 Likes
The Rock
First Poster
Options

Found this answer on first Google search, and solved my issue... thanks!  👍

0 Likes
LukeDouglas
First Poster
Options

Doesn't work for me! 😞

It's set to Home Mode.

20210825_113923.jpg

All Autorun features are disabled.

20210825_113948.jpg

Screen pop-up still appears.

20210825_114018.jpg

Samsung should fix this issue. It's irritating.

0 Likes
TrevorJ
Student
Options

Try with 'autorun last app' set to on. That worked for me

0 Likes
Robwrx03
First Poster
Options

That pop up looks like your AV receiver. Not the TV.  You probably have to disable it on the receiver (might be CEC)

0 Likes