Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QE55Q700T Blank Screen AGAIN

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 02:39 PM)
Rupert3
First Poster
Options

Purchased this 55" TV in November 2020 - last year the picture vanished, and the TV began to turn on and off, but the sound remained.

The screen was replaced under warranty, it has worked well for another 9 months, and now i have the same issue again - the TV is not fit for purpose............ we have followed their advice by rebooting it etc.

I have contacted Samsung and they have simply said, it is out of warranty and that is it - the TV cost £1,500 and Samsung are not prepared to stand by their product - DO NOT BUY the same model, i have multiple Samsung products in the house and i am very disappointed in their service. #8k #QLED

2 REPLIES 2
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
Consumer rights act, you spend that much money on a product you should reasonably expect it to last more than 2 years. Consumer rights act trumps their warranty, contact citizens advice or do some reading on it, they should repair or replace.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes  there are consumer rights of  up to 6 years in uk . However after 6 months the onus is more of the consumer to prove that there was a known fault at the time of purchase.  Rights are against the retailer and not the manufacturer so unless purchased direct from Samsung first port of call would be with the company concerned.

See more details here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes