Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QE49Q80TATXXU 4K 120hz

(Topic created on: 21-11-2020 04:00 PM)
Samuel99
First Poster
Options

I am looking to purchase the above TV but am really struggling to find a definitive answer as to whether it supports HDMI 2.1 4K @ 120hz. Some websites are saying only the 55 inch models and higher support it but others say it does. Would be great if someone can assist as looking to purchase this soon. Thanks 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Roger8
Journeyman
Options
Hi I have recently purchased the same model, I think you will find that 1 of the hdmi ports will support this, Download the Samsung manual for this model
Roger
0 Likes
Brad82
Journeyman
Options

I have asked tge same question. SAMSUNG have said HDMI 4 on the 49 inch model supports 120fps (4k120) but I have seen online that it doesn't. Very confusing. The outcome at present seems to be it doesn't in 49inch but does in 55 inch.. even though they told me 49 inch does support 4k120. 

I'm now stuck with a tv that does not meet my needs and may struggle to return it to retailer.

Why can't someone with actual expertise tell me if this runs 4k120 via HDMI 4?! It's infuriating

0 Likes
Samuel99
First Poster
Options

I phoned up Samsung and spoke to someone really helpful who stated that the 49 inch version does not support 4K 120hz but all the other sizes of the Q80T do. So I have now purchased the 55 inch version. 

0 Likes
Brad82
Journeyman
Options

You're lucky! I'm now stuck with a TV that won't do what I need it to. When I called Samsung earlier and gave model number (clearly stating 49 inch) they said HDMI 4 would support 4k120.. it's clearly confusing, even to Samsung themselves. 

I'm glad you've figured it out before making my mistake though. Enjoy!

0 Likes
Brad82
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for updating. I called someone earlier who said it did support it but am inclined to believe the feedback that it doesn't. It is really poor that Samsung has done this. There is definitely confusion about it as you can see in this very thread and in many others.

0 Likes
Samuel99
First Poster
Options

I was also very disappointed with Samsung, I got told in a live chat and on the phone that the 49 inch supported 120hz but I just wasn’t convinced. I spoke to a really helpful person at Samsung who was a gamer himself who said it didn’t support it so I trusted him. I also had read on several different review websites etc which said it didn’t support it so opted for the 55 inch. It’s really bad from them and shows that the staff members obviously haven’t been given the correct information with regards to this. I very nearly went for the 49 inch and the 120hz was one of the main things for me looking at this tv. Samsung also had the cheek to say to me that the information of the 49 inch supporting the 120hz is definitely correct and I should believe them as it’s coming from the horses mouth. I’m sure lots of other people will have the same thing when looking at tv’s that support this.

0 Likes
MrJackStrong
First Poster
Options

As someone who recently bought this television with the understanding that it supported 120Hz, what options do I have ? I have tried it in port 4 and it doesn’t work, Max 60hz on an Xbox X. Will be complaining anyway. 

0 Likes
Brad82
Journeyman
Options

I complained. Even though they literally told me it supports 4k120 in an email they refused to compensate me in any way. Unbelievable. Such terrible, deceitful service.

If you haven't taken item out of box you might be able to get a refund from retailer. 

0 Likes
MrJackStrong
First Poster
Options

Annoyingly I bought the tv in October but didn’t have a console back then, only just got that. Will see what retailer Currys says, but that many reviews and websites say 4K at 120Hz. Really surprised this hasn’t  been flagged on reviews

If no resolution then I will be forced to sell the television and buy the 55” .....ridiculous 

0 Likes