Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QE43Q60RATXXU Auto Timeshift

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 01:08 PM)
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options

Hi.

I have the above TV and have been using this with a Humax YouView PVR however the Humax has now died. 

Looking at the alternatives I've decided to go with an external USB HDD and use the recording function of the TV. 

With my Humax PVR I could pause and rewind live TV by default. I believe the buffer was 2 hours however using the Samsung built in timeshift it appears that I have to manually activate it in order to have this facility?

So for example if I turn on the TV I cant rewind live TV unless I've already activated the timeshift and if I was to switch channel I would have to start the timeshift again to have that function. Is that correct? Is there any way to have the timeshift automatically enabled? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
is it just the tv via terrestial you want to record ,,instead of a HDD buy a freeview recorder,if sky is connected then no prob,use sky functions,same with a freesat recorder
0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
plus,theres always a +1 or +2 channel
0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options

Hi Paul

Thanks for replying.

I've already got a spare HDD so happy to use that.

I'm experimenting as I write and I have 2 simultaneous recordings going whilst watching another channel so happy with that however it appears I cant use timeshift with 2 other channel recordings going.

When I stop one of the recordings I can then use the timeshift.

So I'm essentially happy with what I've got now however losing the automatic ability to rewind something I'm watching is a big miss.

Having to now manually start the timeshift every time is far from ideal and I'll probably only remember when it's too late.

If there is a way to automatically start the timeshift then that's the solution.

Thanks

0 Likes
sirdaz
Student
Options

Hey. Did you ever resolve this ??

I agree the Timeshift function should be always on, once a HDD is connected. 

It's crazy to expect the user to somehow know when they're about to need to rewind live TV, and manually activate Timeshift first. Sorry I'm not psychic Samsung! 

My old Samsung Plasma has been doing this automatically for nearly 10 years. Why won't a brand new Samsung do it. 

0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Hi. Totally agree but never solved this. I still have to "activate" the timeshift first before it's available.

Right now I can't record anything but that's yet another issue!
0 Likes