Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q9FN YouTube app voice search not working

(Topic created on: 15-06-2019 03:13 PM)
snoozee
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Recently I bought Samsung Q9FN. When i use YouTube app i can search with voice. But

It is not working with my TV. After I click mic icon it says I need to hold button on smart remote.. Samsung built in voice recognition is not supporting my language. YouTube app voice search works on my LG TV with Magic Remote...

How to turn it on in samsung?it says that something went wrong and i should try different type of searchit says that something went wrong and i should try different type of search

okey but not supporting my languageokey but not supporting my language

I am talking about this mic button in the middle of YouTube searchI am talking about this mic button in the middle of YouTube search

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @snoozee 

What happens when you press the microphone button on your remote control and issue a voice command?

0 Likes
Leeroy_zg
First Poster
Options

Same problem, my Smart TV: UE50MU6172, latest firmware (ver. 1270.3).
But since day I bought this TV (07.2018) voice search never worked in YT app.
😞

0 Likes
Visko
First Poster
Options

This is still an issue for me, the voice command on the Youtube app specifically does not work and I get the same error as the attached picture. Any tips?

0 Likes
SteveB1g
First Poster
Options

I've just solved this. It worked for me for a while, then stopped and, in thinking about what might have changed, I hit on my IP address. It was a DMS issue that prevented my TV from sending my speech to the Google speech analyser. I don't understand much about networking, but what I had to do was log into my account at dns4me—which immediately told me that my IP address had changed and wasn't "assigend to any of my zones" (whatever that means) and assign it to one. I just clicked a button on a web page and, hey presto, voice search works again!

Hope this helps and good luck!

0 Likes
Visko
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Same problem for me mdid the DNA solution work for anyone? I don't understand at all but might give it a try if it works.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Visko
First Poster
Options

For me at least it searches for videos on YouTube but outside the app itself, like Samsung searching though YouTube but showing the result through its own software (for whatever reason). I would like to search in the app itself. 

15966403105082967388200757246427.jpg

0 Likes