Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q95T with Samsung HW-Q950T

(Topic created on: 23-10-2020 02:04 PM)
CVarley1978
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am currently deciding between the Samsung QLED N95T 55 or the LF OLED CX 55.

I was edging towards the Samsung as having the Connect Box will make wall mounting the TV a much simpler task and the reviews on the quality of the TV itself are all good.

However, I note that people who have purchased the Sonos Arc are having major issues with complete sound loss and ongoing intermittent sound loss when connecting the Sonos to the EArc on the Connect box (unles Earc is disabled which seems counter productive).

I would therefore consider getting the Samsung TV with the Samsung HW-950T sound bar package. Does anyone have this set up and if so, confirm whether it has the same issues as the Sonos Arc (in terms of sound loss whe Earc is set to automatic.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @CVarley1978 

We can confirm that the issues experienced when connecting to a Sonos Arc model Soundbar have now been resolved with a software update.

0 Likes
Gareth78
First Poster
Options

Are you sure this statement is accurate? I had loss of sound yesterday and I have the latest updates on everything.

0 Likes
Gareth78
First Poster
Options

Updated yesterday to the Latest Samsung and Sonos update and there is still an issue. Can some from Samsung please comment about this.

0 Likes
NT1311
First Poster
Options

I’ve found the issues still occur each time I turn on the TV, Samsung support weren’t very helpful, pretty much just guiding to complete a hard reset and saying it must be a Sonos issue as it’s a new top end TV.  After much practice, I’ve found amending e-Arc to Off and turning off Atmos...then turning both back on appears to resolve the problem for me. Just a bit annoying to need to do this every time you turn the TV on!

0 Likes
Baron5
First Poster
Options

This appear to be a false statement. I have the latest firmware available of both the q95t and the Sonos Arc, and still have loss. Hope you can fix this. It seems like a One Connect issue.

0 Likes
NT1311
First Poster
Options

Last time I called I was asked to try a different HDMI cable...strange that a cable won’t work when you first switch the TV on, but miraculously does after switching specific settings off and back on again. This is definitely a TV software issue, but not one Samsung appear to want to address.

0 Likes