Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q95T/Q90t eArc broken

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 04:04 PM)
QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, 

I have the Q95T series TV connected to my Denon x2700H AV receiver via the eArc/Arc port (HDMI 3). But the eArc function is not working as it should. For example:

When using standard arc, I get DD+ audio from inbuilt apps like Netflix, and my Xbox which is connected to HDMI 4. Which is perfect, but if I set eArc to Auto, I only get two channel stereo pcm from Netflix app, and the Xbox is the same two channel pcm. If I change from auto to pass through I get DD from the Xbox but Netflix is still two channel pcm, unless I view an Atmos film, it then shows as Atmos. But PCM for anything else. 

I have to change eArc to off to get DD+ again.

Why does eArc not send DD+ on Netflix?

Ideally I would like to have eArc enabled and it sending DD+ on Netflix app and when using Xbox I can have either DD or multichannel PCM, from changing Xbox audio settings Bitstream or 5.1 uncompressed. 

Is eArc broken on this TV? 

1 REPLY 1
slx
Pioneer
Options

I have exactly the same issue, same Receiver, Q950TS TV with Playstation 5 (and every other device I connect directly to the TV) and the built-in streaming apps. There are many many other people with similar problems.

Samsung, please fix this as soon as possible through a proper firmware update.

0 Likes