Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q95T - Lines and Static Across Black Picture ?

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 03:56 PM)
TiPs2
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone, Not sure if this is a common fault or not but when my Xbox Series X has been idle for a few minutes and the Xbox screen dulls down I tend to notice lines and now static on the screen. Picture settings I have all the processing stuff turned off as per RTINGS. Its only when the Xbox dulls down. I have noticed a few glitches on Sky Q also and the lines on the Xbox (left side of the pictures) has been there from day 1 when I got the TV but the static effect on the image right side has only appeared recently.

I have also noticed once my TV has been off for a few minutes a clicking noise coming from the connect box. Not sure if linked or not or if this is normal.

TV is only around 1-2 months old.

Model: QE65Q95TATXXU

Software: T-NKMDEUC-1460.9

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@TiPs2: That's a strange one. So, you're only experiencing this while the Series X is dimmed during an idle period? Do you have the console connected to HDMI port 4 using the HDMI cable that came with the device? If so, can you try heading to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and enable this feature on HDMI4 to see if this helps at all? Have you checked the Xbox display settings to see if there are any options that might address this issue? 

0 Likes
TiPs2
First Poster
Options

Hi, Yeah Its connected via HDMI 4 and have input signal plus enabled using the Xbox HDMI cable. I have only captured this issue on the dimmed Xbox screen yeah.

Also on the Xbox everything in the display section is all green. I have set the TV to both 60/120 to see if it helps which it doesn't.

Its strange as the static effect is a new issue on this screen. Before it was only the vertical lines which scroll across the screen.

0 Likes
PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

Can you still return it? If yes don't wait any longer and just return it and take Sony or LG.

0 Likes