Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q90T Freesat Record Series Issue

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 12:28 PM)
JohnHodmon
Student
Options

I have Samsung TV QE55Q90TATXXU. I used the Freesat tuning option.  When I set up a recording using the 'Record Series' option all episodes that occur within the time frame of the EPG at that time (today +7 days) are scheduled and do record successfully. However episodes of that same series,that occur after that 7 day period, do not record. It is not 'series link' as I seen it previously from Sky or a true Freesat set top box. It seems to be a software bug. Anyone managed to solve this issue. Samsung Support did not even know of a 'Record Series' option when I asked for help

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@JohnHodmon: As far as I was aware, recording options are split in Instant Recording and Schedule Recording, with the latter allowing you to schedule up to 30 recordings for later dates. It may be the case that the Record Series option is limiting you to a weeks worth of recordings to prevent you from exceeding the above limit. If you head to Settings > Live TV > Recordings > Schedules > Add Recording, are you able to add further programmes from a selected series here? 

0 Likes
JohnHodmon
Student
Options

Hi Andrew 

I can schedule recordings to my heart's content using the method you've described but in good old 1980s VCR style, by specifying a date, time and repeat day. I suspect series link just doesn't work on these TVs. Seems like the software just checks the current EPG for episodes at time recording is set up but doesn't automatically repeat this check when the EPG updates  It's not a big deal. The TV is over all, excellent.  I can understand why this feature is poorly developed as most people use streaming apps. It would be convenient though for Irish customers like myself who can receive UK tv via Freesat but cannot access the streaming apps apart from All 4.