Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q90R - Losing internet

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 06:17 PM)
Timmatt
Student
Options

Hey all -

Was curious if someone could give me some help - I have a Q90r (about 8months old now) - and over the last 1 to 2 months its recently been dropping its connection to the internet (but strangely not the network) the fix seems to be i get the TV to forget its network and rejoin again. However, I`m having to do this daily and its becoming a bit of a pain really and really quite bothersome as it happens right in the middle of watching something on Netflix. 

It's a bit strange as all the other devices i have dont drop the service like this, and the past TV never did this either.

I`ve done a few tests to see if it network related (reset routers, tried it with no other devices on the network, rang network tests to it to see if it dropped connection on the network at all, etc) and cant find anything. 

Would anyone have any tips or experienced anything similar? Is it something to contact Samsung support about?

Cheers all in advance.

best

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
mkay
First Poster
Options

My new Q80T is just the same.  It was fine until about a week ago (before I updated the firmware) and now does likewise.  Does anyone here have any answers please?

0 Likes
kevinvram
Journeyman
Options

My 80R has been doing the same for the past month or two also. Very frustrating that nobody seems to have a fix for this.

0 Likes
Timmatt
Student
Options

has anyone heard of a fix or anything for this?

0 Likes
Hibbsy
Apprentice
Options

Hi, yes my Q90r is exactly the same. Perfectly fine then after the 1371 update I did a few days ago every day at least twice it looses internet. It still shows as connected to the network and only way to fix is completely unplug the TV from the mains and turn on again, will work for a few hours then looses it again. I’ve also deleted the network in the setting and set up again, this works but after a few hours looses connection. This is making the Tv completely unusable. Wonder how long it will take Samsung to fix this? If they even acknowledge the issue. They always refer you to the internet provider. 

0 Likes