Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t xbox series x settings

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 04:04 PM)
jimtriol
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys ,i trying to set up my xbox series x settings and i m bit confused. On my xbox tv settings its defaults at 8 bit ,Should i change this to 10 bit or it changes automatically when it detects HDR content. I also read on rtings that u should choose pc RGB to properly display chroma 4.4.4 but it defaults to standard(as recommend it).What should i do ,any thoughts on this? Finally i d love some recommendations about the picture settings in game mode .Thank u in regard

6 REPLIES 6
Donkeysaregreat
Student
Options

I have the smae question. 

0 Likes
Donkeysaregreat
Student
Options

Did u find out what settings to use. 

0 Likes
jimtriol
Apprentice
Options

About the chroma thing i m not sure but i ll stick to set the console to 10 bit and standard ..For sure dont tick the 4.2.2 YCC..I believe this is the best settings for the series x. About picture settings

Brightness: 50

Contrast: 50

Sharpness: 0-3 (i use a little bit of sharpness ,value 3 but most suggest to leave it to 0 or a low value,10% for example)

Local Dimming: High

Contrast Enhancer: Low (some suggest to turn it off but the image is too dim without it , with High u lose a lot of details but low is a good compromise i think)

Gamma ST.2084: 0

Shadow Detail: 0

Color mode: Warm 1

Color space: Auto(native oversaturates the picture and i think its best to leave the console than the tv to determine this)

These settings are with game mode on and motion plus off for HDR Gaming. For SDR i use again warm 1 and auto colour settings....Contrast 45 ..Brightness it depends but it must be around 30 to 35 .Contrast enhancer off or low  ,Gamma bt 1886,shadow detail 0 .Finally in both modes SDR and HDR i have the black levels on auto....But these are my settings after some research in addition with my taste. I m not sure if with these settings i m getting the best result...Any opinions r most welcome..

0 Likes
Donkeysaregreat
Student
Options

I will give this a go later. Thankyou so much. Do you use these settings for TV too. I have sky Q UHD. I keep tinkering with the settings but then end up resetting them again. 

0 Likes
jimtriol
Apprentice
Options

I use the standard mode for SDR cable viewing,sports,channels,etc and  i change  the sharpness from 10 to 6 ,color mode to warm 1,  color space to auto and contrast to 45 but in general for this kind of stuff standard preset is good.....Now for netflix and hdr tv shows and movies i use the movie preset with the same settings as HDR gaming above, with sharpness 0. For SDR movies and tv shows again the movie preset with warm 1 color , auto color settings, contrast 45 and sharpness to 6, brightness(27-30) but this is up to u. For sure brightness and contrast must be 50  for HDR (Gaming ,Movies, sports) etc.

0 Likes
jimtriol
Apprentice
Options

Ah and for picture clarity settings i thing 10 blur and 3 to judder is good enough for sports and movies . Basically i use these custom values for all (movies ,channels, tv shows ,netflix ,etc).

0 Likes