Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t eARC issue

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 11:52 PM)
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a Q80t television and a Sonos Arc and am having an issue with the eARC. I have everything in the sound settings set to automatic and when I turn the TV on the sound will come on but then cut away after 5-10 seconds and then keeps happening. 

The only way to remedy this is to turn off and then back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility". Anyone else having this issue with their q80t eARC port.

I am using a hdmi 2.1 cable and have tried 2 other hdmi cables.

95 REPLIES 95
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I had trouble after software update 1301.5 but was able to fix it. Not sure if it will work for you.

Settings - General - External Device Manager - Toggle Anynet+

Make sureI InputSignal Plus is on for input 3.

Sound - Expert Settings HDMI-eARC Mode Auto

Toggle Dolby Atmos compatibility on and off

Unplug Sonos ARC for a minute 

Since I have done that it's been perfect. Make sure the HDMI in to the Sonos arc is seated properly. The angle of the input was a problem for me. Good luck.

CvH7
Explorer
Options

@ClamJelly not sure if it is the same issue, but this happened to me now 2 times. TV and ARC were turned off, I turned on the TV wanting to watch something on Netflix and the sound would cut out every few seconds repeatedly. I turned off the tv and back on, still the same issue. Then I unplugged the ARC from power for 10+ seconds and powered back up, issue gone. Then 2 days later same thing happened and fixed it the same way... not sure what this is now 😞 

I do have the one-connect box however and the Q95T, but not sure if this is a sumsung issue or Sonos now, given when I was playing music through the Sonos app, the issue did not occur.

0 Likes
kbo5000
First Poster
Options

Are there any updates on this issue that anyone is aware of?

I am having noticeable lip sync delay issues with my Hisense Q8(not eARC) and Sonos Arc. Hisense blame Sonos, but I'm about to take the TV back and was going to swap it for a Q80t. Is that wise at this stage, or should I avoid Samsung?

Is the issue only with eARC?

Any help is great

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Hey ClamJelly

I tried exactly what you’ve said on my Samsung 75” Q95T here in the UK, with the Sonos Arc .... and it’s not worked - I’ve still got exactly what I’ve always had - no sound output for anything, when the HDMI-eARC Mode is set to Auto.  And I see Sound Output is set to “Receiver (HDMI)”.  Trying with Netflix inbuilt app playing Our Planet (Atmos content).

Checked the About My System on the Sonos App on my iPhone and for Sonos Arc: Lounge, it says “Audio In: “. (So it’s blank)

If I then pause the playback, and disable the HDMI-eARC Mode and hit play, sound works immediately.  I check the About My System and see “Audio In: Dolby Atmos (DD+)”

0 Likes
Bozcoco1
First Poster
Options

👍

TVme
First Poster
Options

I recently ordered a samsung Q80T and a Sonos Arc soundbar.  I am concerned if this issue has been solved or not?  I have not yet received delivery but looking at the connections on the Q80T it shows the Arc connection as HDMI IN (eArc).  I wonder if the problem could be in the switching of the connection from IN to OUT?  Perhaps it is set up mainly for situations where the connection is coming in from the soundbar and all devices are connected to the soundbar (or an amp, etc)?  Is there something that perhaps needs to be done in settings to allocate that HDMI IN (eArc) to an OUT port so it knows it is to send signal out?  It would seem this would be automatic but perhaps not?  I am watching this closely as I am concerned and would cancel my entire order and rethink this if it is not working correctly.

0 Likes
Peter999
First Poster
Options

Has this issue been resolved yet? I just bought a 65" Q80T and I'm looking to add a soundbar with True HD Atmos. Should I avoid the Sonos Arc? What would be the best alternative?

0 Likes
TVme
First Poster
Options

I have read that perhaps it is just the one connect box that comes with the Q series TVs that has the sound pass through issue with eArc.  Can anyone having sound issues confirm if they are using the one connect box or not?  It does not come with Canadian TVs but does come with USA and perhaps other countries.

0 Likes
Brett_
First Poster
Options

I have similar problems with my Q70T.

When I have my Fetch TV (Cable/PVR) box plugged in the Sonos Arc doesn't get picked up at all.

When I pull the HDMI plug for the Fetch, the TV immediately picks up the Sonos (Atmos device detected), then the sound starts working.

When I plug the Fetch back in, the sound still works, however I can change the volume through the TV remote.

After turning the TV off and on again, it all reverts back, and the Sonos no longer works.

Very frustrating, like others I bought these together to take advantage of the eARC/Atmos support.

0 Likes
Deltawing
First Poster
Options

I am having a similar problem with my 55 inch 80T that I purchased in May, running it through my new Yamaha RX-A780 Receiver that I got recently.  The receiver has the latest firmware update (v. 1.80) and the Samsung tv is running firmware version 1301.  Both devices should be fully able to handle eARC, but yet I get NO SOUND through my receiver from the TV and I have gone through BOTH device’s manuals thoroughly!  I am using a high end Austere III HDMI cable that is supposed to be able to handle ARC.

I had a technical support chat with Samsung (no help and VERY frustrating.  I wonder if it was a language problem.). And a 90-minute call with Crutchfield (who I bought the TV from).  Their tech support was very helpful, but he couldn’t figure it out either.

Also, in Settings > Sound >Expert Settings the “ Dolby Atmos Compatibly “ setting is grayed out!  And “HDMI E-ARC Mode” is set to off.  If I try to change it to “Auto,” it pauses for a few seconds and then shows “Off”!

What the heck is going on?

If anyone discovers a solution, please let me know.

0 Likes