Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t eARC issue

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 11:52 PM)
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a Q80t television and a Sonos Arc and am having an issue with the eARC. I have everything in the sound settings set to automatic and when I turn the TV on the sound will come on but then cut away after 5-10 seconds and then keeps happening. 

The only way to remedy this is to turn off and then back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility". Anyone else having this issue with their q80t eARC port.

I am using a hdmi 2.1 cable and have tried 2 other hdmi cables.

95 REPLIES 95
kelix
Journeyman
Options

yup, its an issue for me too. Plex via Nvidia Sheild into HDMI4 then eARC to the Q800T soundbar. the 7.1 TRUEHD audio cuts out after 10 seconds. this issue doesn't happen with TIDAL so perhaps its an issue when audio and video are bing transmitted? regardless it needs to be fixed. 

0 Likes
Mamuso
First Poster
Options

Subscribing.

Similar problems with a JBL 9.1 sound bar. The sound stops randomly, and to bring it back you need to change the sound source, of fidget with the sound advanced settings.

0 Likes
Arthur_Dent74
Explorer
Options

Any update from Samsung.  Should I return the q80T that has the same problem as defective? 

0 Likes
Jqwerty
First Poster
Options

I'm also having this problem. Wife is getting impatient! 😅

0 Likes
kelix
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue with my Q80T and the Q800T soundbar..

eArc shows on the soundbar but ALL atmos stops playing after like 4 seconds and the centre channel is quite on a ton of MA 7.1 shows.. I hope Samsung fox this issue!

0 Likes
BathDave
First Poster
Options

I bought a QE55Q70T and sonos arc a couple of weeks ago and experienced intermittent sound loss from day 3 onwards 

I found this forum and realised it was a common issue 

I contacted my retailer who said they were aware of some issues with sonos arc, seemed to be a product build problem, they had swapped out 2-3 from a product sale steam of about 20, and each replacement customer reported no issues 

I was given an exchange Arc which has functioned without the issue appearing once 

so it does seem to be an sonos issue 

0 Likes
BathDave
First Poster
Options

And I should have added that the fact sonos are now shipping a optical to eHDMI converter adapter in their packaging does indicate they know they have a problem 

0 Likes
xP3R5i4Nx
First Poster
Options

Hey all, 

One more case to add to the books... Just purchased a 65-inch Samsung Frame TV (2020 model) and Sonos Arc. My TV was able to grab the 1402.1 update automatically, and my Sonos app/firmware is up-to-date.

I am experiencing the sound loss issues after the TV has been off/stand-by mode. When the TV powers back on I start experiencing the intermittent sound loss, as well as the Sound Output constantly switching between HDMI-eARC to HDMI. The issue goes away after simply unplugging/plugging back in the power cord for the Sonos Arc.

There is a user on the Sonos forum that got in-touch with a competent Samsung engineer who was willing to help. The Samsung engineer remotely accessed the user's TV and updated the Sub-micom Version from 1005T to 1006T. It is possible that this resolves the issue with the eARC and intermittent sound loss. I asked the user to update the forum if the TV has been stable on Sub-micom Version 1006T. I also asked if it was possible to get a step-by-step instruction on updating to this version, as well as uploading the BIN file somewhere on the web so other folks can get it too. 

CvH7
Explorer
Options

Finally some good news to report on the issue!

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I indeed had the same issue with the sound loss and apply the same fix, unplug the Arc wait 10 secs and plug back in. For some reason, the sound loss has been less and less over the last weeks than it has in the beginning, not sure why tho.

With regards to the update on the Sub-micom version, very keen to hear if you get any more details on this! I was following a similar thread on the Sonos forum, but did not see this come by.

Wouly you mind sharing the forum thread so I can follow? 

Thanks

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

I wrote a lovely long reply to this a few days ago and submitting it (with copy to clipboard as I normally do!) lost the content so I got fed up and didn't resubmit 🙂

I have the same issue with the intermittent sound loss every few hours.

I have a temporary stick tape fix that is working OK (until we get a proper firmware fix) - my soundbar and TV One-Connect box are in a cupboard behind the TV - so hard to get to.  So I bought a £15 TP-Link Kasa wifi plug from Amazon that I can control from my Homekit or Alexa, haha 🙂  So whenever it happens, I turn off for 10 seconds and turn on and we're back working! 🙂

0 Likes