Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t eARC issue

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 01:12 AM)
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a Q80t television and a Sonos Arc and am having an issue with the eARC. I have everything in the sound settings set to automatic and when I turn the TV on the sound will come on but then cut away after 5-10 seconds and then keeps happening. 

The only way to remedy this is to turn off and then back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility". Anyone else having this issue with their q80t eARC port.

I am using a hdmi 2.1 cable and have tried 2 other hdmi cables.

95 REPLIES 95
renrutsirhc
First Poster
Options

Samsung q80t connected to an hdfury vertex2. I'm experiencing the same problem. Arc audio (hdmi-earc mode set to off) from the TV works great e.g. dd5.1 from Netflix. The second set hdmi-eARC mode to auto, the sound dissappears. Interestingly, setting digital output audio format to pcm restores sound even with earc enabled...though this is obviously just stereo. Given the lack of sonos in my setup and the similarity, it certainly seems there's an issue with the Samsung. I have an enquiry open with hdfury so will be interested to know if they can come up with a work around!

0 Likes
steveru621
Apprentice
Options

Model QN75Q8DTAFXZA Connected to a Pioneer Reciever.  Got the dreaded E-ARC failure today after no problems for 6 months. Powered off everything and unplugged for 10 minutes.  Back up and running  When is Samsung going to fix this problem?

TheBigDogz
Student
Options

I have eARC issue with my JBL 9.1.  eARC connection drops off randomly changes from "Receiver (HDMI-eARC)" to "Receiver (HDMI)" (which means no eARC). Sometime, I can get it back by resetting the JBL sound bar (press and hold power and Bluetooth buttom for 10s until soundbar display shows "RESETTING") 

Any one else experience the same issue? 

JBL 9.1 sound bar firmware is at 20371180.

TV = Samsung QN65Q80TAFXZA at 1403 firmware. 

MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

Follow topic. Worldwide issue with earc.

why is Samsung not communicating any details about the fix to their valuable customers? Taking Months now. Which is not acceptable, time to start to refund the customer.

Trunq22
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same issue you are but with my PS5.  I'm using the 2.1 HDMI port (labeled GAME) and its only passing 2.0 PCM and if i use bitstream, it'll be VERY delayed.   I DID notice if you use a different HDMI port, the audio passes correctly (but you lose the 120hz capability).  I made sure my receiver wasn't the issue by plugging ps5 directly into that and it worked fine again.  So something on the game port doesn't work.  

Workaround:  In the PS5, I set the "Transfer Rate" to -1 which takes the color from 4:4:4 to 4:2:2 but then the lag goes away when using bitstream.  PCM Still only sends 2.0 instead of 7.1 like it does when i bypass the TV.  SO, either some data flow issues or bug in the Game Port of the Q80t.  

0 Likes
Trunq22
Journeyman
Options

I agree its like eARC.  I've been researching like crazy and people are having issues with Samsung TV's LG Tv's, Xboxs, PS5's SONOS, its all over the board.  is eARC an HDMI standard?  Who else can we all complain to about this? 

0 Likes
Zinax
Apprentice
Options

I am facing random sound drops on ATMOS Content from Apple Tv4K (plugged on HDMI 2) and JBL 9.1 on HDMI 3 (eARC). No solution, just getting  back to ATV4K’s Menu and back to the movie and the sound is restored. Annoying!

0 Likes
Trunq22
Journeyman
Options

Funny you say that because I got the Apple 4K for Christmas and last night I watched our first movie and it dropped audio for a couple of seconds 2-3 times in the movie.   Atmos 

MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

The fix is available! The dutch engineering departement (called the Victor sollution) did Some adjustments in the background settings. 

Several Users tested, last 2 weeks, the settings without any errors. 
contact your local Samsung support and refer to the dutch Victor sollution. ALL the best and Happy new year.

0 Likes
Jay1313
First Poster
Options

I have had the exact same issue and it just started this week after a week of working fine. I changed the HDMI cable on my Sonos Arc twice. I then changed the soundbar from my Sonos to the Vizio Elévate from the other room and I had the exact same issue even though both soundbars worked fine on my older LG tv eArc connection. 

0 Likes