Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t eARC issue

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 11:16 AM)
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a Q80t television and a Sonos Arc and am having an issue with the eARC. I have everything in the sound settings set to automatic and when I turn the TV on the sound will come on but then cut away after 5-10 seconds and then keeps happening. 

The only way to remedy this is to turn off and then back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility". Anyone else having this issue with their q80t eARC port.

I am using a hdmi 2.1 cable and have tried 2 other hdmi cables.

95 REPLIES 95
DenverDLewis
First Poster
Options

I hoping that if I purchase the Sony X900H Series display, I won't run into these issues?

0 Likes
Brett_
First Poster
Options

@chrism do you have an update on these issues? When can we expect a firmware update to resolve these problems?

I need to decide if I need to return my TV as it's not fit for purpose.

Thanks.

0 Likes
TVme
First Poster
Options

First of all perhaps some are like me thinking that eARC missing is really going to destroy your experience in this Q80T.  In my research and realize that is a very new technology and does push to the highest limit of uncompressed audio (for the limited services and devices that support it right now) the ARC is capable of bringing Dolby Atmos through... while it is stripped, I don’t believe all of us would cry over the experience.

that being said Samsung has aknowledged the lack of eARC functionality and promise that an update is coming to firmware that will correct the pass through of the signal.  Will that be the next few months or early next year?  That we do not know.  

US forum with photos of the chat message from Samsung confirming this:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Q80R-Firmware-update-1361-0-Still-NO-eARC/td-p/13...

Those that are here and excited about seeing ARC on their audio device are not seeing eARC. That is coming but I believe ARC is fine for me... for now.  

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

I was using “passthrough” on my Samsung Q85T TV instead of “auto” as it was giving the best audio outputs. However, it has now randomly removed the “passthrough” option on my TV and will only allow “auto” or “PCM” - any idea why or how to fix? Should note that this is the case using the built in Netflix/Prime etc apps.

ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

Passthrough only works with something plugged into the tv. It passes through the audio signal instead of the tv processing the sound and sending to the soundbar. The built in apps are always going to use the TV's built in sound processor. 

0 Likes
Danboy76
Journeyman
Options

I was thinking about buying an expensive soundbar.. Now I don't know

0 Likes
noujach
First Poster
Options

I got the same problem with the JBL 9.1

0 Likes
Arthur_Dent74
Explorer
Options

Same setup, same issue here. Is there any resolution?

0 Likes
Arthur_Dent74
Explorer
Options

seems like the type of issue that Samsung would be all over and prioritizing a fix.  Any update?

0 Likes
JastermereelX
First Poster
Options

This is definitely an ATMOS driver issue, I set my XBOX One X and PC to DTS:X Home Theater and no cut out issues.  Samsung just needs to update the ATMOS driver or fully enable the passthrough so the TV doesn't interrupt the signal.

0 Likes