Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t eARC issue

(Topic created on: 06-07-2020 07:55 AM)
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a Q80t television and a Sonos Arc and am having an issue with the eARC. I have everything in the sound settings set to automatic and when I turn the TV on the sound will come on but then cut away after 5-10 seconds and then keeps happening. 

The only way to remedy this is to turn off and then back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility". Anyone else having this issue with their q80t eARC port.

I am using a hdmi 2.1 cable and have tried 2 other hdmi cables.

95 REPLIES 95
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I think I was able to fix my issue and I feel like an ***** but have to at least put it out there. I was dealing with this problem from day 1 and Samsung had me reset the tv and didn't fix the problem.

Yesterday I decided to unplug both the tv and Arc for a few minutes, plugged them back in and everything is working perfectly now. All that frustration was as simple as "turn if off and back on again". I hope you have fixed your issues.

0 Likes
rjstann
Journeyman
Options

hi,

Im having the same issues but turning off and back on doesnt seem to be fixing the problem.

When you unplug the tv and Arc did you also disconnect the hdmi cable at each end?

Was the earc setting on the TV set to Auto before you unplugged everything?

Thanks.

0 Likes
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

Sorry that didn't work for you. I simply unplugged both and plugged them back in. I have it set to "pass through" and all the other settings on auto. Make sure the HDMI cable is seated well on the arc, I was having problems with that. I am not using the supplies hdmi cable and have upgraded to a hdmi 2.1 cable.

Have you contacted Sonos yet to run a diagnostic while the sound is cutting out?

0 Likes
rjstann
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks.

Havent contacted sonos yet but will be doing tomorrow.

0 Likes
NiiloDurain
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue.

But only with Dolby Digital and Atmos.

Getting a huge delay when connected XBox One X via HDMI 2.1 and Samsung soundbar via EARC, but when I connect directly to the soundbard it works fine.

It sounds like a relay issue with EARC. Hoping for an update soon.

Console: Xbox One X

To

TV: Samsung Q80T via HDMI 2.1

To

Soundbard: Samsung HW-Q70T via EARC

edm71056
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

New TV last week: 

Model QE65Q95TATXXU

Software Version : 1115.5

Connected Sonos Arc to the eARC port 3 on the box and the Arc only delivers sound when the eARC is switched off (no Sound on Automatic). The Sound output on the TV is only recognising the ARC as connected to HDMI when it should recognise it as connected to the eARC HDMI port (See attached photographs). The Dolby ATMOS compatibility button makes no difference when on or off. Pass through setting makes no difference. (Dolby Atmos (DD+) is recognised by the SONOS App when playing directly from Netfix App on TV). Checked all connections and have rebooted both TV and Soundbar with no success

Not ideal when the TV and Sound Bar cost over £3000, just want it to work :smiling-face:

Please come back to me

Should read eARC HDMIShould read eARC HDMINo sound when HDMI eARC on AutoNo sound when HDMI eARC on Auto

Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi edm

I have exactly the same issue, same tv/soundbar and firmware.  I had a new tv delivered last Thursday as it was felt HDMI 3 had an issue - so a complete return as Samsung do not issue one connect boxes on thier own. On installation of the new TV, issue is still there.

On calling Samsung back, they are now quite adamant this is not an issue with thier product and have guided me towards Sonos again. They have advised me though that they may do some internal testing with eARC capable product they had internally. I have an existing ticket raised with Sonos, and am awaiting a call back with engineers to go through troubleshooting.

This appears to becoming an issue of neither product talking to each other via eARC, and potentially neither mfr admitting ownership, so we need to be quite careful on our long term ownership and rights of the product/s if not fit for purpose or sale as advertised. Dissappointing but hopefully Samsung and Sonos can work together to rectify this issue. PS. I dont think this issue is widely known as it should be, as the soundbar is fine on normal HDMI, its the eARC setting that identifies the issue - so many owners may be sat on this not knowing there is an issue as on standard install everything appears ok...

Thanks

Mike

edm71056
Journeyman
Options

Hello Mike, thanks for your reply.

Yes I think you are right, the issue is one of communication both with the TV and the ARC, and Samsung and Sonos. Lets hope they get their act together as they will lose customers as this issue gets wider communication. Shame because both products are so good.

Thanks

Don

0 Likes
edm71056
Journeyman
Options

Hello

Just found this website. https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Clearly this eARC issue is worldwide as this product is being developed to overcome connectivity issues with the Sonos ARC specifically (and other soundbars)

Might solve our problem?

rjstann
Journeyman
Options

I think it does fix it, although you may also need a switch as well as the arcana.

0 Likes