Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t eARC issue

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 05:12 PM)
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a Q80t television and a Sonos Arc and am having an issue with the eARC. I have everything in the sound settings set to automatic and when I turn the TV on the sound will come on but then cut away after 5-10 seconds and then keeps happening. 

The only way to remedy this is to turn off and then back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility". Anyone else having this issue with their q80t eARC port.

I am using a hdmi 2.1 cable and have tried 2 other hdmi cables.

95 REPLIES 95
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @ClamJelly 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
HenryS2020
Student
Options

Hi 

Thanks for posting this. Seems to be a wider issue with a few of the new Samsung TVs. Same issue trying to get a new Frame 75 and Frame 65 working with Sonos ARC. Extremely frustrating. I hope Samsung come back with a firmware update soon 🙏

0 Likes
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options
Yeah no problem:
Model: QN65Q80TAFXZA
Software: T-NKMAKUV-1115.5 , B1040700/A70705 , BT-S
T2bear
Apprentice
Options

Same exact issue. I thought it was an arc issue as my beam worked fine but. Is seeing other Samsung tvs having this issue as well makes me think it's the tv. Hopefully there is a fix soon before the return period is up for me. 

Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi ClamJelly

Big problems, I have just come off the phone to Sonos after over an hour. I have the Q95T and Sonos Arc both delivered today.

Could play music back from the arc but no sound from the tv.

After many many diagnostics, there is an issue with the E-ARC on the TV, the TV does not want to send signals to the Sonos when E-ARC is enabled on the TV. When you turn it off, you get sound via the TV, and on Certain movies via Netflix/Disney and Amazon - Dolby Atmos is detected but as a DD+ signal so not E-arc - just standard arc.

Sonos Engineers are engaged on this and are investigating. Samsung need to look into this urgently as it was the sole reason I purchased this tv. Very dissapointing at the moment but sure its a firmware fix. 1115 is my version of firmware.

ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for reaching out to Sonos as I will be doing that too. I tried disabling eARC and I'm still running into the problem. I really hope it's a software fix.

0 Likes
T2bear
Apprentice
Options

I've been dealing with both supports all morning. Samsung came to the conclusion that it is a connectivity issue and to expect a update in the future. Sonos still has me jumping through hoops trying everything. I upgraded my tv to the q80t because I purchased the Arc. Hopefully we see a fix soon. 

0 Likes
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

Right there with you, bought it a month before the arc released and now past any return window. At least they are acknowledging the problem.

0 Likes
T2bear
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I have one week left one the TV return. I love the tv and don’t want to switch it for an LG hopefully something comes of this quick but the fact they see an issue is good.
0 Likes