Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80T Dirty screen effect

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 08:17 PM)
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

I've just picked up a Samsung Q80T on sale and when I watch sports there is a noticeable Dirty Screen Effect. 

Is this normal amongst Q Series owners?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

No it's not called screen burn. Get your facts right. Google screen burn. Qled do not suffer from this. 

Yes everyone seems to have different levels of dirty screen effect. It is annoying and nothing can be done about it. Unless it is really bad then get it swapped, but chances are you could get an even worse panel. 

ad1994
Pioneer
Options

Before posting stupid questions, do your homework

I mean, you're replying to someone completely different to the guy who actually posted the question... 

'Something something, do your own homework.'

0 Likes
QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

?

ad1994
Pioneer
Options

The other guy has deleted his comment now. He'd responded to your comment rudely, assuming you'd asked the question / posted the OP.

QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

Ah I got you now. Yeah, he gave you the wrong answer completely.  Screen burn is unrelated and why he gave that as an answer, I do not know.

Yes the dirty screen effect is so annoying and it seems all panels suffer from this in the Q series but some are willing to try the panel lottery and exchange it for another one, but most have ended up with a worse panel. So it is best to not go looking for it when watching content. I know it is easier said than done, but it seems like it is a flaw of the tv and nothing can be done.

Turuken
First Poster
Options

My Q80t has a dark spot right next to a bright spot right in the middle of the screen, I wish I could unsee it

0 Likes
your_star
First Poster
Options

Hi guys. Our Q80t panel was recently changed under warranty. The new panel has DSE as shown in picture. Should I ask them to change the panel again? Is this considered within normal range of DSE?

20211120_115651.jpg

0 Likes