Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80T - Buzzing noize

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 10:25 AM)
Steviegee
First Poster
Options

Hi! 

When I first bought my 75" Q80T about 2 months ago i noticed that it was a buzzing noice (coil?) from back of the tv when built in app for Netflix was active.  

The tv was muted so it was not from the speakers. 

That buzzing dissappeard with the latest software update 1304. 

It was also buzzing in Ambient-mode. That didn't dissapear though. 

Yesterday it was back again, but now the buzzing is there all the time and not just Netflix and Ambient-mode. But, it is only there in Movie picture mode. 

The buzzing could be described as a high feequenzy sound and is very anoying. 

Anyone else got this problems? I've read in US Samsung community about the Netflix issue, but not seen anything about the Movie picture mode. Yet... 

18 REPLIES 18
Adam4882
Journeyman
Options

I have this issue also, but within the built in Netflix app as you said. It only did it for about 5 seconds once I switched to it but I imagine this is going to get worse if it’s a fault. 

0 Likes
Bentley0777
First Poster
Options

Hi mate I have the same tv and it did exactly the same buzzing from tv on netflix and game mode but not any other apps including sky. The latest update cleared the netflix noise but not the game noise. But now it is back on all including sky and netflix. You can stop the noise on TV easily by enabling the motion settings turn on the motion clarity and set both judder and blur to 0 0 and the sound will disappear and not affect the picture. However this doesn't work on game mode as when you turn on game motion plus it also clears the noise but even when judder and blur both on zero the lag and judder is unplayable even on ps5. I'm giving samsung to next update or sending mine back

0 Likes
Erkon
First Poster
Options

Hi, my most important question is: Does anyone know if this buzzing sound in game mode and in general can somehow endanger the TV or damage it if the TV is in this mode for several hours a day?

I had the same problem with this buzzing sound when I bought this TV about 3 weeks ago which had the 1304 software but not in game mode but in movie mode. Then it helped to turn off the picture clarity settings feature and that annoying noise from the back of tv just disappeared. I had no problem with the earlier software in game mode at all. Unfortunately, I did not disable the automatic software update and the TV automatically updated to version 1403 and then I noticed this sound issue in gaming mode.

I tried all the options in the TV settings so that the TV would stop squeaking but nothing helped. I have a q80t 75 inch model which is quite expensive for me and I would not like to have such problems when buying a TV for so much money. The q80t 2020 model did not come out a month ago, but almost a year ago and such problems should not occur, considering how big the samung brand is around the world and their experience in the production of televisions, I do not understand a bit because it is not only the q80t model which has all sorts of problems.

0 Likes
Young2
Apprentice
Options

I had a similar problem with my Q80T 85. I chatted with an agent here and made a service request. A technician came and told me there is a service bulletin about this issue. He changed some factory settings on my tv, and it fixed the problem.

Adam4882
Journeyman
Options

That’s great, do you know which settings he changed mate? 

📺 

0 Likes
Young2
Apprentice
Options

I don't know which settings he changed. He told me he made one change on LED settings. He changed a setting value 0 to 1 for an item. He brought his own remote control and entered into service settings mode. My noise was only from the Netflix app. 

Adam4882
Journeyman
Options

Ok, thank you for your help. My noise was only from the Netflix app and it only did it the one time. I am assuming there has been a firmware update of the Netflix app has been updated to fix this issue.

0 Likes
Young2
Apprentice
Options

You are welcome. My tv has been ok since I got it in January. The noise started two weeks ago. I hope it is not coming back.

0 Likes
aaron_ku6z
First Poster
Options

Just got a new Q8DT 75" from Costco, and I hear the noise too.  I found it only happens in "Movie" mode when the Picture Clarity mode if OFF. It seems just turning on Picture Clarity to any setting other than OFF silences the noise.  

Hope they fix it someday!

0 Likes