Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Q80T 49" TV sound intermittently cutting out

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 09:56 PM)
badgermattuk
Apprentice
Options

I've had my Q80T 49" now for a week. My issue is with the sound dropping out, it is literally happening on the hour, every hour. It only cuts out for 2-3 seconds, but is very annoying. For a £1000 television this shouldn't be happening. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps that others have recommended on this forum (changing HDMI ports, HDMI cables, sound test troubleshooting), but still seeing issues. This is happening while my Virgin Media 360 box is connected, also while using the Netflix App on the TV itself. Has anyone found a permanent fix for this? Very frustrating.

12 REPLIES 12
aliall
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem waiting for samsung engineer repair. Also now started with picture flickering and then brightness then picture goes very dim.
0 Likes
Oxia57
Apprentice
Options

J'ai le même problème avec la xbox one X ! 

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Please see my posts, and that of several others, on this very topic.

You won't be happy!

0 Likes
Solution
badgermattuk
Apprentice
Options

After weeks of playing with various settings & testing them all out, I believe to have found the issue to actually be from my Virgin Media 360 set-top box, not the TV. After changing the sound setting from Dolby Audio. I had 3 options, Always convert, Follow content or disable. After disabling this setting, I've not seen an audio drop out in a few weeks now. So advice for people seeing this issue, check ALL your audio settings before blaming the TV.

0 Likes
simsimbol
Journeyman
Options
55Q80T sound keep dropping off can you please fix on next update
0 Likes
simsimbol
Journeyman
Options
55Q80T. It's happening on TV as well sound cut off 2 to 4 second.
0 Likes
thebikeracer1
First Poster
Options

Q60T - 58"   Same problem. Every hour the sound cuts out for a second or two. Incredibly annoying.  Tried all the suggestions listed with no luck.  Any other ideas?   I tried to return the TV, because it overall sucks, but alas, the restocking fee from the retailer was too onerous, so I have an expensive TV that is not very good. All my other Samsung TV's are better, they are not as 'Smart'. I think the Samsung software is awful on the Smart TV's

0 Likes
Who204
First Poster
Options

I found if you turn of the Atmos on the TV the drops stop.

Samsung need to fix there Atmos processor, but that would cost a fortune,  due to being a hardware issue....

0 Likes
DuvvaJ
First Poster
Options

I have the same tv as you, 7 months old. I also have the same issue, virtually identical although getting worse now. First I contacted tv supplier who has denied any responsibility. I then contacted Virgin (a triumph in its own right). It seems that for this scenario (I.e Samsung/Virgin) they agree they know of the issue. I’ve tried all the end user reboots and diagnostic tests. An Engineer is due to call tomorrow. I hazard a guess that my 4 year old TiVo box will be replaced ! Watch this space for updates.

0 Likes