Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80B - ARC problems Yamaha V473

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 07:16 PM)
ComoQ
Student
Options

Happy holidays to all!

We just got done setting up our new Q80b 65” and have had some difficulty running the ARC to our Yamaha V473.  The ARC only works with the YouTube App.  The only way all the apps, (Netflix, Prime, etc) work is with the PCM option enabled on the TV.  I have read both goods and bads about this. I have tried the following.

•updated the TV

•turned on/off arc multiple times 

•reset the receiver 

• purchased a new HDMI cable 

still unsure why everything else doesn’t work with the ARC, and any help would greatly be appreciated here.

Thank you

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
How have you got it set up. Hdmi to what ect
G G
0 Likes
ComoQ
Student
Options

Yamaha Receiver:

• Inputs
    • Nintendo Switch
    • DirecTV
  • Output
    • HDMI to TV.  Output labeled ARC

Samsung Receiver

• Input
    • HDMI from Receiver

With PCM turned "Off", only Youtube app from the TV plays through the ARC to the Yamaha.  When I turn PCM "On", everything works.  Unsure exactly why this is doing it, but  maybe my receiver can't process the updated sound profiles of Netflix, Prime, Disney etc.  

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Make sure anynet + turned on. Have you tried a digital optic cable. Run a problem check in the device care option of the tv. Youve definitely done all the things and connectionsi would do.
G G
0 Likes
ComoQ
Student
Options

Anytimenet is "ON" as well. I have not tried an optical yet, but am leaning towards that may be the next step.  Gut feeling, my receiver is too old.  

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Receiver may be abit old but should still handle arc you would think if dolby isnt in tv settings it should be even if dts isnt. Most odd
G G
0 Likes
ComoQ
Student
Options

I did a hard factory reset on the TV last night, now I have sound coming out for all the sources, but I can't switch the enhancer, (dolby, neo, etc) on the receiver.  I am going to mess with it a big more tonight, it was late and the kids were already sleeping.  The strange part is the Youtube App from the TV plays under my HDMI 1 port on my AVR.  In order for me to hear the other apps, I have to switch to the, "audio out" button on the AVR.  Since I am new to ARC, should this be the case that you have to switch outputs, or should it always play on HDMI 1?

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
I found its selecting the input on the avr you have the hdmi from the tv arc port. But some avrs do differ from auto select as its arc or you have to manually change
G G
0 Likes
mr_markus
First Poster
Options

What is your configuration? eARC (On / Off), Sound format (PCM / Auto)? Are you getting DD / DD+ or only PCM? My Q80B only gives me PCM (Stereo) via ARC.

0 Likes