Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80a TV eARC Problems with Q950a soundbar

(Topic created on: 10-12-2021 05:58 AM)
crazyjohnyw
Apprentice
Options

I just bought a Samsung Q80a 85 inch Tv along with Q950a soundbar, and I've been suffering the eARC problems to the soundbar since day one. I talked to samsung tech support for 3 hours and still no solution, and I think the TV is the cause of the problem. No dolby atmos at all since the earc is not working, i'm stuck on wifi mode.

Anynet CEC is on, earc is on, hdmi 2.1 cable is connected to both earc ports on the tv and soundbar. However, everytime i try to choose the earc mode, no sound coming out to the soundbar. and if i tried to pick earc hdmi from the tv, there's no option for me to pick, because it only show (Wifi) after the sound output.

After a few resets on the tv and soundbar, unpluging every thing, then only plug the soundbar on first, then I got earc working at the soundbar at one time, then i start plug my tv box back on to the other hdmi ports on the tv, play movie for testing the sound on soundbar on earc mode, and added the soundbar to smarthing app, then about 30 mins later, earc sound output option disappeared again, no way i can find it back. Now the only option I got is (Wifi) mode on the tv for the sound output on soundbar... 

Very frustrating, This may be the last samsung tv i buy.

I googled around the internet, lots of people said that it's the tv that cause the earc problem. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Set up your Samsung Soundbar - Connect to TV with HDMI and more

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049272/
0 Likes
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issues. The Soundbar (HW-Q950T) was taken away to be tested and no faults were found. The service company say the main board on the TV needs replacing. The TV (QE75Q900TST) is still under warranty but the service company has informed me that the main board is no longer available.
0 Likes
Kamalkant
First Poster
Options

same i faced but solution is don’t connect Soundbar to Wi-Fi then you will find tv+sbar hdmi mode. Otherwise you will always connected to tv+sbar Wi-Fi. Simple not registering to Wi-Fi your sound bar. Now enjoy 

0 Likes