Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q800T Humming Noise in TV Mode

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 08:26 PM)
Ielite
Pioneer
Options

Hi, The first time I received this TV I noticed the humming noise in TV Mode in apps like amazon Prime, ambient mode, Netflix and the main home. However the noise disappears when I switch the source to my console (game mode hdmi4).

I contacted customer service and they said to replace, so I did but the noise is also there on the replacement I received today. 

I searched online and found a similar issue being reported in US forums but that was specifically mentioned for Netflix and ambient mode apps. 

any solution?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi see if you can uninstall them & install them again & see if that fixes the issue.
0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options

thanks for replying, the thing is the problem isn't only in the apps, the noise is also there in home where all the apps are. the only solution i found is turning on led clear motion but that decreases the brightness and the picture quality isn't as good when it's on. 

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
OK hope you find an permanent fix soon.
0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options

bump

0 Likes
Haakont
Student
Options

Hi, i have the same issue with my  recently purchased q800t. I am currently in contact with samsung support. They wanted me to send them an mp3 file with the buzzing/ringing noise the TV makes when using the built in apps. The sound also goes away when turning on the led motion setting as you describe. My fear is that this has something to do with the electrical output in my living room, and not the TV.

0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options

the first time I contacted them, they replaced the TV but the new one has it as well, so I don’t think it’s to do with the hardware. The noise disappears when I change the source from TV to a hdmi and then use that source to watch prime video etc and the noise is not there. 

I spoke to Samsung product support in chat yesterday, the person said that it is a known issue to them and they will hopefully fix it in a future update. However he was not sure when this  “future update”  will be released. I don’t know what to do, what if they can’t/don’t fix it and my tv will be out of its 28 day return. 

let me know what they say to you.

0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options

The noise disappears when I switch to other source other than TV, however as soon as I open the amazon prime app and watch something and then go back to home the noise is there regardless of the source. I have no clue what’s going on. Samsung support doesn’t seem to know as well 😑

0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options

To them it’s apparently not a “known issue“, which I don’t understand.

0 Likes
Haakont
Student
Options

I recieved an answer from the support today after sending in a recording of the sound. I was told that they are waiting for a firmware update that will fix the issue. 

0 Likes