Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q70T video Stuttering

(Topic created on: 11-01-2021 09:32 AM)
Cheykan
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a newly purchased 55 "Q70T connected to the computer and when I watch movies from the hard drive which is a Samsung SSD M.2 Xvid/720/1080/4k it's silk smooth but with micro stutter every few seconds that ruins the whole experience. I have game motion plus running but when I turn it off i instead get constant stutter and not smooth at all plus I get motion sickness after a few minutes.

Tested different video players with filters and settings, tested different tv settings and different hdmi cables and resolutions as well and settings in the Nvidia control panel, have also reinstalled the drivers completely, there are also no new updates to the tv as it is connected to the internet.

Games on the other hand is no problem at all, nor youtube, netflix or other streaming services. My computer that the TV is connected to should not have any problems at all playing 4K movies.

I have talked to friends that have 4k tvs and they have no issues what so ever if their tvs are connected to PC.. 

My PC specs if you are wondering

i5-8600K
16BG DDR4 Ram
GTX 1060 6GB

Samsung M.2 SSD 500GB with read/write speed of 3500/2500 MB/s
My internet connection is cabled and 1GB

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
mrjoaosilva
First Poster
Options

Hi Cheykan, were you able to solve the issue?

I'm having the exact same problem on a Q80T.

0 Likes
mrjoaosilva
First Poster
Options

Managed to solve the issue on my end.

For reference, in case anyone facing the same problem comes across this thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide.1357375/

I think the root cause has to do with some kind of incompatibility between the movies' fps, the pc's selected refresh rate and the TV's refresh rate.

0 Likes