Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q70 TV Not Connecting to 5ghz Internet

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 02:55 PM)
Pixelcole
First Poster
Options

Hello all! Hopefully you can help me, I'm at my wits end.

My Samsung TV was working great up until a few days ago when the internet stopped working on the 5GHz connection stopped working. The 2.4g works just fine, but the 5GHz has major trouble. It will always connect to the router, but never has an internet connection over wifi. I have not tried wired yet, as that would require an extremely long cable. 

Steps taken based on suggestions from the website:

1. Try DNS server 8.8.8.8 or 2.2.2.2. Neither works for me.

2. Try rebooting the TV. Works for about two minutes, and then stops working. 

3. Resetting the router. Has the same effect as above.

4. Even tried resetting my wifi password to see if it was a traffic issue. The issue even remained, is it was the only device connected.

5. Checked for software update. No luck.

I'm buying an Ethernet cable as we speak to see if it potentially fixes the issue. 

Has anyone had any success in fixing this error?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Pixelcole obviously connecting via Ethernet may well provide a more stable connection, however the wifi connection has usually been fine for me and can be more convenient.

The Google DNS Servers are  8.8.8.8 and  8.8.4.4. Others alternatives such as OpenDNS here https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/technology/1404176/best-dns-servers-in-the-uk     You could see if changing the wifi channel makes a difference in the Router Admin or could split the frequencies if not done this previously.  A few instructions  from Bt and Sky for instance https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...       https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610  

on another point when you say  you rebooted Tv and router did you actually disconnect from mains  as sometimes that can  be more effective.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
rilippo
First Poster
Options

Hi Pixelcole, did you manage to solve the issue? I ran into the same problem and I can't find a solution. My wifi connects only to 2.4ghz.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Hilal_AlBusaidi
First Poster
Options

I have same problem working fine with 4G , and not 5G . Please we need to solve this issue samsung Q70

0 Likes
Nasrewan
First Poster
Options

You may change your wifi 5ghz channel at your router setting..maybe too many inteference of channel from other wifi making the tv cannot find the 5ghz..u can use wifi analyzer such as netspot to find the less used channel..hope this help

0 Likes
Alhinai
First Poster
Options

Hey there, I was too reading your message searching for a solution and I just found one. So first, Factory reset your tv then when setting it up, choose to set it up with your mobile phone(make sure your mobile is already connected to the 5g network) when you finish setting it up, it will automatically connect to the same network your phone is connected to.

My TV is a Q70

Mobile phone: S22

I hope this helps

0 Likes