Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q6FN 55" 4k issues

(Topic created on: 16-05-2019 06:03 PM)
k4qdex
Apprentice
Options

Hi. so i purchased this tv and was trying to play a 2160p x265 HEVC movie from a usb 3 seagate hdd, the movie keeps stuttering (pixelated and sound hangs) every few seconds. it loads fast and i can fast forward without delay, but the playback is awful as i described. the tv is 4k capable and this seems odd. 1080p content is no problem.

on another note. i have a synology 218j NAS and when i try to play the movie locally using maximum quality using plex, it buffers forever and doesnt play. why is that? i have a western digital 4tb red inside and using direct play via plex shouldnt cause any problems since the tv is powerful enough to handle it. its frustrating since i paid 850€ (in germany)

third issue is, that the apps like youtube often freeze and i have to long press the back button to close them and reopen them. the tv is updated to the latest version and is hooked up with ethernet.

Also, whats with the lack of DTS support on the integrated media player Samsung? we live in 2019 and a 850€ TV doesnt support DTS? wow..

thanks in advance for any suggestions

11 REPLIES 11
verik
First Poster
Options

@ This solution worked like a charm for me! Many thanks for sharing and pointing to the right tool for the job!

0 Likes
DrGadget729
First Poster
Options

My Samsung ONE BOX let's the TV down. Just cannot play back 2160p on a USB flash drive or disk without pixellating. Same movie cast from my phone through Chromecast Ultra works fine.

0 Likes