Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q6FN 55" 4k issues

(Topic created on: 03-06-2020 04:06 PM)
k4qdex
Apprentice
Options

Hi. so i purchased this tv and was trying to play a 2160p x265 HEVC movie from a usb 3 seagate hdd, the movie keeps stuttering (pixelated and sound hangs) every few seconds. it loads fast and i can fast forward without delay, but the playback is awful as i described. the tv is 4k capable and this seems odd. 1080p content is no problem.

on another note. i have a synology 218j NAS and when i try to play the movie locally using maximum quality using plex, it buffers forever and doesnt play. why is that? i have a western digital 4tb red inside and using direct play via plex shouldnt cause any problems since the tv is powerful enough to handle it. its frustrating since i paid 850€ (in germany)

third issue is, that the apps like youtube often freeze and i have to long press the back button to close them and reopen them. the tv is updated to the latest version and is hooked up with ethernet.

Also, whats with the lack of DTS support on the integrated media player Samsung? we live in 2019 and a 850€ TV doesnt support DTS? wow..

thanks in advance for any suggestions

11 REPLIES 11
k4qdex
Apprentice
Options

well it turns out that only one movie was problematic in 4k (matrix 1999) but avatar and black panther work fine.

but still this one movie has the same codec and audio and stutters. why does it do that?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@k4qdex wrote:

Hi. so i purchased this tv and was trying to play a 2160p x265 HEVC movie from a usb 3 seagate hdd, the movie keeps stuttering (pixelated and sound hangs) every few seconds. it loads fast and i can fast forward without delay, but the playback is awful as i described. the tv is 4k capable and this seems odd. 1080p content is no problem.

on another note. i have a synology 218j NAS and when i try to play the movie locally using maximum quality using plex, it buffers forever and doesnt play. why is that? i have a western digital 4tb red inside and using direct play via plex shouldnt cause any problems since the tv is powerful enough to handle it. its frustrating since i paid 850€ (in germany)

third issue is, that the apps like youtube often freeze and i have to long press the back button to close them and reopen them. the tv is updated to the latest version and is hooked up with ethernet.

Also, whats with the lack of DTS support on the integrated media player Samsung? we live in 2019 and a 850€ TV doesnt support DTS? wow..

thanks in advance for any suggestions

First thing Samsung has dropped all support for DTS media, so will not play media files. 

Second white 2 seperate issue's, but both involving the processor, it sounds like a faulty tv. 1080p should play no problem. 

0 Likes
k4qdex
Apprentice
Options
how do you jump to that conclusion that my tv is faulty? 1080p plays without problems. its just one 4k movie that didnt play. i tried another version and it worked through and external hdd. also apparently my synology NAS is not powerful enough to stream certain 4k movies with high bitrate. so i use my pc with a good cpu to act a plex server
0 Likes
Inc0gnit0X
Student
Options

I'm in a similar situation. I have a 2019 QLED Q80R TV. I get stutter playing 4k HVEC 265 10bit video via the USB 3 port.

0 Likes
gintokid
First Poster
Options
Hi, i'm in the same situation.
My xiamo mi box play the file perfectly, but not my TV.

I used an usb key, or a hard drive, it's the same problem.
0 Likes
gintokid
First Poster
Options

I'm afraid we have to convert the file in H264 to make it work.

I'm doing it the Handbrake, i'll see if it work later today.

0 Likes
Inc0gnit0X
Student
Options

I fixed mine. The file had 40 some odd subtitle files. I used a mkv editor to remove all but English and they play perfectly. 

0 Likes
gintokid
First Poster
Options

Which editor did you use? 

I'll try your idea, my file has also a lot of subtitles 

0 Likes
c0wsaysmoo
First Poster
Options

hey I made an account just to say thank you, that fixed the issue and it's been driving me nuts. Couldn't figure out why my tv would play some x265 4k hdr movies and not others without the stuttering while being in the same format. If anyone else finds this I used a free program called MKVToolNix which is easy to use to strip the subtitles I didn't need. Seems to be a samsung issue since I have a completly different samsung tv than you.