Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q60 -Netflix quits out after a minute

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 02:28 PM)
Kirby3103
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a new Samsung Q60 75 inch. Every time I start Netflix it loads fine and lets me choose a program. Then after 1 minute or so it just closes and the TV goes back to terrestrial channels. 

it is I place of my previous Samsung with Wired network which never had a problem.  The same issue happens on WiFi. 

anyone got a fix for this. 

thanks

Andy

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
hi here is a link this might be of some help for you.
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/netflix-app-not-loading-on-samsung-smart-tv-613344/

about halfway down someone tells you what to do.
0 Likes
Andy97
Apprentice
Options

Not seeing a fix there. I have set DNS to 8.8.8.8 but it did not help. 

I guess I will have to use the support function. I really don’t have the patience for them 

thanks

0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Hit the smart hub button, so that all the apps pop on the screen (there are different ways of doing it - choose the way you normally do it, and make sure all the apps are on the screen)
2. move the cursor up so that you are highlighting the netflix app. DO NOT PRESS ENTER. JUST MAKE SURE NETFLIX IS HIGHLIGHTED. REPEAT. DO NOT TRY TO OPEN NETFLIX. JUST MAKE SURE THAT NETFLIX IS HIGHLIGHTED. THAT IS CRUCIAL.
3. hit TOOLS
4. scroll down to reinstall and select reinstall. it will say "installing" on top right hand side

this is what someone suggested in that link.
0 Likes
Andy97
Apprentice
Options

Tried that. Also did a complete reset on it. 
the reset took forever and seemed to corrupt Disney+ for a while. 

Maybe I will try again with the reset as the whole thing runs so slow trying to pull up menus

0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
ok no worries other than reset thats all i could find. hope it sorts itself out for you.
0 Likes
Andy97
Apprentice
Options

Ok. So I reset the tv again and set everything up. It looks ok and is responding better. 

I used the restore backup function last time. I think  that might be what messed it up. This time I did it all manually. 

now to get it to recognise the old sound bar correctly. 

thanks for the replies. 

Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
I'm glad your finally getting there.
0 Likes