Did you mean: 

Samsung Q60 CANNOT connect to Wifi extender unless SSID is broadcasting

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 01:19 PM)
ThatSameer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Samsung Q60 (QE43Q60RAT).

I've gone through various channels of Samsung support and they only send me to contact Samsung in a different way.

So I am now here to explain the bug in Samsung TV's because this NEEDS to go to 3rd line engineers.

Samsung Q60 Cannot connect to a Wifi extender with the SSID Hidden. The TV can only connect to it if the SSID of the WIfi extender is being broadcast. 

This is very simply put. Also, please don't direct me to a basic "how to connect" page - I'm well capable in tech.

I have done numerous tests of hiding and broadcasting the SSID of the WIFI extender. The Samsung Q60 can only connect to it when it is being broadcast. I am not going to broadcast my SSID. This is a bug that lies in Samsung Q60 software.

There is no issue with my infrastructure setup - all of my devices including my S10 can connect perfectly to a hidden network (of the wifi extender)

I have identified the issue and know it lies within the TV software.

If it helps, the Wifi extender is currently using channel 132.

Again, the TV can connect to the extender if the SSID is being broadcast. But if the SSID is hidden, the TV cannot connect to it at all.

Please can a Samsung 3rd line engineer contact me about this.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ThatSameer
Explorer
Options

I've tested both 2.4ghz and 5ghz network of the wifi extender. Both frequencies result in the same - TV can only connect when SSID is broadcasting.

obitv
Pathfinder
Options

Why dont you try putting the channel of the extender to between 1-13.

0 Likes
ThatSameer
Explorer
Options
The 5g frequency of the extender is between 100-128. But it doesn't make sense still. Because it can connect to it while being broadcast on a channel between 100-128 but it can't while being hidden. So doesn't have to do with the channel me thinks.
0 Likes
Freebo
First Poster
Options

Just bought a brand new Q60T and it won’t connect to my hidden network. My 2018 Q7F connects fine. Wtf is going on Samsung?

amdalen
Student
Options
Hi, Same here, I purchased a new Q60T and  have exactly the same problem. I have a router Asus   RT-ax92u and  all my other electronic devices without any  problem connect with Hidden SSID . I've tested both 2.4ghz and 5ghz network and noticed that if at  2.4ghz I turn off Roaming assistant option  my Q60T connects with Hidden SSID without a problem.
However if I turn off Roaming assistant at 5ghz it still will not connect.
With my router Apple Airport has exactly the same problem: Q60T will connect only with network Hidden 2.4ghz but will not connect it SSID Hidden 5ghz.

As I noticed from all the above posts Samsung didn't address this issue even though nearly a year has passed since the topic has been opened. 
I truly hope that now  someone from line engineer will take an interest in this issue. 
ThatSameer
Explorer
Options
Trust me I know the struggle. I resorted to just giving up lol. Also Samsung forums are useless. I did another post on this website and ended up arguing with someone who didn't know what they were talking about.
But regardless, if I find something out or have an update regarding the 5ghz issue, I'll let you know here
amdalen
Student
Options
Hi, Thanks so much for your response, if in the future you will come across a solution it would be wonderful if you could share it here and I will do the same.
In a meantime out of curiosity I checked my other Samsung TV, I  had it in my kitchen for about 5years and it always has been set at 2.4ghz, it turns out it also has a problem with hidden SSID 5ghz.  It looks like it is a problem with most if not all Samsung TV's ( maybe only TV's as I have many other samsung devices without such a problem).
Best regards