Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q50A and Sky Q

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 08:04 PM)
Montybear
Apprentice
Options

Hi, hoping that someone can help. I have connected my Sky Q box to my new Q50A  tv and everything is fine until I turn the TV off and later turn it back on. The tv comes up with a blank screen and after a while says that the sky box  needs to be turned on even though it is actually on and showing a green light. If I turn the sky box off and then on the tv recognises this and connects with no further problems.

I have the sky q box connected direct to the Q50A tv with the HDMI cable supplied by sky. I have read the other posts  but nothing seems similar to this. Hopefully someone can help.

Steve

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Members_zApyzI5
First Poster
Options

I think this might be a possible solution.

When turning off the TV use the Sky remote and press and hold the power button to turn the tv off, after that do a short press on the power button to turn the Sky Q box to an amber light. When turning the TV back on press the "SKY" button on the top of the remote and that should not only turn on the Sky Q box but the TV too. I think this way its the Sky Q box turning on 1st and the TV follows after so they are able to connect within a short space rather than the TV turning on 1st and the Sky Q box after which seems to miss that "connection window"

It's been working for me fine for a couple of days now it just means waiting a few more seconds to see picture on my screen...most likely due to the Sky Q box taking longer to wake up.

0 Likes
PeteH
First Poster
Options

I've had my QE55Q80 since November 2020, and until just after Christmas last year the power button on the sky q remote worked perfectly - it switched on the TV, Sky box and soundbar, and switched them off again. Then, in early January I started getting the "no device detected" message on switch-on. I tried the live chat, and resetting the HDMI ports seemed to work for a day or 2, then the problem recurred. Today I rang tech support, they did some tests then came up with a hoosie - "Our technicians recommend you UNPLUG your TV overnight"! It worked for 2 years without a hitch, so it MUST be a firmware update our something that has caused this. Tomorrow morning I'm ringing Richer Soynds to see they can suggest something, or maybe they'll swap the TV for an LG....

0 Likes
FlyUK
Student
Options

Same issue, Samsung QN90A. I can select 10bit on the sky q box, with input signal plus turned off, all works ok (not HDR though). 
As soon as I turn on input signal plus, with 10bit on the sky box, the tv will sometimes turn on, sometimes not. Totally random. Issue resolved by turning signal plus off and the picture appears but not in 10bit. Can't work out if it's a Sky software issue or Samsung firmware issue.

Fedupdotcom
First Poster
Options

Please has anyone found a resolution for this as it’s a nightmare. 

0 Likes
Lawrence Hobbs
Student
Options

I found that when I turned my tv off with my sky remote it wasn’t also putting the sky min q into standby with orange light. I reset my sky remote.  I think you need to ensure that the sky min box goes into standby at the time the tv of off. When turning on the tv followed by the sky mini q it all seems to work better for me. 

0 Likes
Lawrence Hobbs
Student
Options

For info. I’ve now switched from sky q to sky stream and there hasn’t been a problem since. 

0 Likes