Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q50A and Sky Q

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 08:04 PM)
Montybear
Apprentice
Options

Hi, hoping that someone can help. I have connected my Sky Q box to my new Q50A  tv and everything is fine until I turn the TV off and later turn it back on. The tv comes up with a blank screen and after a while says that the sky box  needs to be turned on even though it is actually on and showing a green light. If I turn the sky box off and then on the tv recognises this and connects with no further problems.

I have the sky q box connected direct to the Q50A tv with the HDMI cable supplied by sky. I have read the other posts  but nothing seems similar to this. Hopefully someone can help.

Steve

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Dan131
Apprentice
Options

@Pete2345 I have just checked the ‘external device manager’ settings under ‘connection’ on the TV and made sure these are all off…but they were already all off…apart from anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) which was on, even though I don’t have a sound bar connected.

if you have any other suggestions I’m all ears…also, would be good to know how long yours has been ok for and if it has started doing it again?

cheers

0 Likes
Pete2345
Journeyman
Options
It's only been a couple of days so far but it was every day before. I'll keep you posted!
0 Likes
Carl771
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem as described and tried changing the HDMI port and cable but no improvement. I cannot believe a Sky box cannot work with a Samsung TV in 2022!!! Does anyone have a resolution or do I begin the fight to get my money back?

0 Likes
StefanoSt
Pioneer
Options

The same is happening to me. No solution. I want my money back

0 Likes
Dan131
Apprentice
Options

@Carl771 and @StefanoSt I called Samsung support, they couldn’t find any issues when they remote accessed, but suggested a factory reset. I did that and for 3 or 4 days everything was fine…but then it started happening again. It appears (based on my assumptions) that even though the box is on, the tv thinks it is off. You can see this when accessing the ‘sources’….I had to then revert to ‘switching the sky mini box off and on at the wall’ each time the tv was off/in standby for 4hrs + …I got annoyed after a few days and tried my luck with Sky. They suggested doing a software update on the mini box (vis settings, system info, software version, setup and then select ‘update this box with the latest software)….touch wood, it’s been ok for the last 3 days, so fingers crossed. Maybe it’s worth trying this?

please let me know how you get on.

I also have a sky engineer coming around next week (for something else) and will quiz him as well, but hopefully the software update has sorted this bug

0 Likes
Members_zApyzI5
First Poster
Options

Hi guys QN90B owner here too.

I've gone through 4 Sky Q boxes since buying the TV thinking its the sky Q box that's causing the problem. Weird thing is that I had to turn off the powerline feature on the Sky Q box as devices that would connect to it via Wi-Fi for the best connection would also go "offline" (my video doorbell being one).

Turning off the powerline feature has not resolved the issue of the TV signal from Sky Q box unfortunately, I have also done updates on both TV and box and also tried changing the input signal plus function....no luck.

I will give a factory reset a go and see if that helps, thanks for the suggestion.

Seems a bit silly Samsung have not noticed this issue and put out a update for the TV yet. 

0 Likes
Mkinder
First Poster
Options

I too am a recent owner if a QN90B and up to today have been blaming Sky mini box (even swapped a mini box from another room to see if it was faulty yesterday but nope the same issue).  Sometimes it’s fine, sometimes it’s not - I’m sick of having to move the TV (mini box and power points behind tv) and switch off and on! Samsung - please read and find a solution

0 Likes
MacSpurs
Student
Options

I had the same problem and after various resets the only thing that seems to have fixed it is to turn off input signal plus on the HDMI port sky is connected to.

0 Likes
Mike W1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. It must be the tv. Didn’t happen with my Sony tv. Really frustrating. I know to turn input signal plus off and on again to resolve. But if I’m not about the tv becomes useless for my wife and kids who show no interest in how to “fix” it. Which leaves me wanting to return the tv. This needs sorting or I fear it’s the first and last time I’ll be buying a Samsung.

if anyone has had any success with any other solutions, or knows how I can best lend my voice to the cause with Samsung do let me know.

0 Likes
Mkinder
First Poster
Options

Hi, I actually had a Sky engineer down on Saturday for other reasons and I mentioned the TV and he straight away knew the problem and I said I’d googled and turned the HDMI off on the TV and he asked if I’d turned it off on the Sky mini box too? No.  He then did it - when you make change and save you turn the mini box off and you must turn it back on within 2 mins for the changes to save or else it resets to original settings if there is a longer gap and it’s worked fine so far - he said Samsung know about the issue and are trying to fix it but currently the TV freezes the box.  Hope this helps. Not sure how he turned off the HDMI on box - maybe try google? It maybe via engineer settings. 

0 Likes