Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay card declined error and poor customer service experience

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 10:23 AM)
KatieAH
First Poster
Options

Very disappointed, wanted to purchase a new samsung TV while on offer. I noticed the 5% cashback promotion when paying with samsung pay card, however when I try to pay using this method it is continually declined. I have funds in my account so I called customer service, after being hung up on and then transferred to a number of different departments I ended up as samsung pay support where I was told there is currently an "issue" with the server, however when I explained the app worked fine for me earlier, it is literally the samsung pay card that wont work he said it is because it is a server error and not a problem with the app. I am not the most technical person but he  said the card should be working by tomorrow...I explained I wanted the tv because it was currently on sale and this ends tomorrow, so he said I can either have the sale price or wait till tomorrow and get the 5% cashback, that I cannot get them together. This makes the point that the offer works alongside any other discounts rather redundant. I have a feeling they just don't want to give out multiple discounts? Anyone else experienced this or have any advice? 

Just so disappointed, was very excited about upgrading my TV as my current one is 8 years old and on its last legs. The way I was spoken to and the lack of help I received put me off the sale completely. 😞

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Grumpywino
Pioneer
Options

Well, that explains why my purchase of a watch face for my Active 2 was declined, and a purchase in a local shop too. Both were yesterday. Seems a bit flakey!

0 Likes
KatieAH
First Poster
Options

I wonder if it will work today, the "experts" i spoke to yesterday tried pushing me into a sale saying the discounted price would no longer be on today so if I wanted that price I had to buy yesterday! Oh and what a surprise it was a lie, the sale is still on today! Wonder if the Samsung pay team also lied and the problem with the card won't be resolved either? As you say... very flakey.

0 Likes
Grumpywino
Pioneer
Options

And it was declined in the local shop again just now! It did work on the 23rd...... 

0 Likes