Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung NU8000 turning on Xbox One X

(Topic created on: 07-10-2019 12:57 PM)
NickM2
Student
Options

Hi,

I have an annoying issue where whenever I turn on my Samsung TV it automatically turns on my Xbox One X.

I've done some research and it appears to be due to the universal remote. The only way to fix this at the moment is to remove this function but they I also lose a bunch of the features that the universal remote provides. I've read a previous response regarding this issue that said it was an Xbox setting, however the Xbox does not support HDMI-CEC so that is not it.

Could a fix please be put out for this. I can see it is an issue that causes inconvenience for a large number of Samsung users

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@NickM2: When the TV is connected to an external device such as a console or set top box via HDMI, power sync mode will be automatically activated. In this power sync mode, the TV continues to detect and connect external devices via HDMI cable. Although it's not ideal, this function can be deactivated by removing the HDMI cable of connected device. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
NickM2
Student
Options

This doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer. To suggest that I would have to unplug the HDMI cable everytime I'm done with the Xbox and then go through the sync process again to have the smart remote work with it again is just ridiculous. I bought a Samsung TV thinking it would mean I was buying a flagship brand that wouldn't have little annoying issues like this.

Is it not possible to provide an option to turn off the power sync mode?

Mark881
First Poster
Options

Your joking right ? This cannot be turned off? Why would anyone want their Xbox to turn on every time they turn on their tv... I mean you need to pick up the x box controler to actually do anything and that has a power button on it already.

djm99
First Poster
Options

This is such an annoying feature, i'd go as far as saying it's stupid

0 Likes