Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung NU8000 (55 inch) horizontal mirroring lines

(Topic created on: 10-11-2018 06:23 PM)
Zerodigit
First Poster
Options

So this morning, after going to bed after gaming night, I woke up and turn on my TV + PS4 and started some Gran Turismo Sport... after 10-15 minutes I got all of a sudden like a 4 inch bar of horizontal lines on the bottom of my screen mirroring image from the mid... got the TV since 26-10-2018, and ofcourse after yesterday it is today the 15th day so no more shop help but have to get Samsung help, what takes for a week to come and have no tv for a week... 

I have updated the TV to newest update since day 1... I have unplugged every cable, reset it, factory reset it, even plugged it in different socket... still nothing...

Maybe someone here knows what it can be? Maybe it can be fixed easily I dunno?

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-10 at 13.16.01.jpeg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Zerodigit wrote:

So this morning, after going to bed after gaming night, I woke up and turn on my TV + PS4 and started some Gran Turismo Sport... after 10-15 minutes I got all of a sudden like a 4 inch bar of horizontal lines on the bottom of my screen mirroring image from the mid... got the TV since 26-10-2018, and ofcourse after yesterday it is today the 15th day so no more shop help but have to get Samsung help, what takes for a week to come and have no tv for a week... 

I have updated the TV to newest update since day 1... I have unplugged every cable, reset it, factory reset it, even plugged it in different socket... still nothing...

Maybe someone here knows what it can be? Maybe it can be fixed easily I dunno?

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-10 at 13.16.01.jpeg

Which shop did you by Frome as most retailers have 28 days to return or replace if faulty. Even after 28 days it is still the retailers who are responsible so always inform them of any faults. They may then ask you to contact Samsung support. 

Paul

0 Likes
Zerodigit
First Poster
Options

That's what I did, I bought it from Holland, Mediamarkt... Contacted the retailer, they gave me the phone number of Samsung, and Samsung did some steps with me ( what I ofcourse already had done myself ), and then they made a repair schedule... but I am still googling and trying to find a solution, if it does help, I can play on my PS4 with my new Thrustmaster Wheel... if not have to play crappy PC hahahahahaha... the painnnnnnnn... 

But ok on topic, Mediamarkt handles 14 days of retailer warranty and then the warranty is for Samsung....

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Zerodigit wrote:

That's what I did, I bought it from Holland, Mediamarkt... Contacted the retailer, they gave me the phone number of Samsung, and Samsung did some steps with me ( what I ofcourse already had done myself ), and then they made a repair schedule... but I am still googling and trying to find a solution, if it does help, I can play on my PS4 with my new Thrustmaster Wheel... if not have to play crappy PC hahahahahaha... the painnnnnnnn... 

But ok on topic, Mediamarkt handles 14 days of retailer warranty and then the warranty is for Samsung....

Even in Holland they have to follow the 2016 European Consumer law and if bought inline then it's 28 days.  If from the store then it is the stores option.  Most major retailers in UK give 28 days. You can check if you google the law. In any case after 2 attempts to fix you can then ask your retailers for a replacement or refund 

0 Likes
Zerodigit
First Poster
Options

I have called them right after it happened, and they discard me after the knowledge of the date towards Samsung since it is after 14 days either from them to Samsung Repairs, or from me... sooooo ...

0 Likes