Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung NU7020 - Bright light shining through diffuser sheet

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 08:13 AM)
mace66
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know the cause of this on the bottom right of the screen? The TV was fine until a few days ago and this inexplicably happened. It's noticeable on lighter backgrounds, but not on black. The TV is only 2 years old!

IMG_20201207_110230.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
mace66
First Poster
Options

Aren't there any mods on here?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@mace66: I'm not sure, as I'm not familiar with diffuser sheets. Are you still able to get a picture on the TV?

0 Likes
mace66
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the reply .Yes I can get a picture okay.

0 Likes
mace66
First Poster
Options

Well that was a waste of time

0 Likes
djdrocco
First Poster
Options

I know it's over a year later, but in case anyone else is having similar trouble... This is an edge-lit TV, meaning there are LED strips that sit along the bottom, pointing straight up through the edge of the diffuser lens. This arrangement can cause excess heat to build up, blowing the LEDs and melting/cracking the diffuser. The bright spot in the picture looks like a diffuser crack.

I'm dealing with the same thing myself in a "broken" UM7100 model that I bought for next to nothing. After replacing the LEDs, I'm getting a similar bright spot (in the same place, actually), and discoloration all along the bottom from the literal brown spots where the diffuser is melted and burned. I've read that transparent aquarium glue inside the crack will help, but I haven't tried that yet.

0 Likes
Captrico
First Poster
Options

Hey, did you try spinning the panel 180 degrees so the good edge is on the bottom?  I have the same issue on my 43 and mine isn't cracked or burned too much but some surface melting.  I'm waiting for my led strips, but heard you can turn in around and it works, but maybe not as bright?   

0 Likes