Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung NU 8070 no amazon Prime UltraHD section & Youtube app with no 4K videos

(Topic created on: 29-09-2018 08:53 PM)
mskhan01
Journeyman
Options

We have recently upgraded from a Sony Ultra HD to Samsumg Ultra HD & so far very impressed with the software & picture quality.

My big issue is my amazon prime no longer shows ultra HD section as it used to show on Sony TV & even I if select a programe like " The Grand Tour" which is ultra HD, it still plays it in 1080p? We have 76 MB internet & I have used both wifi & ethernet connections with no luck?

According to amazon prime that can be because our TV is not recognised as ultra HD? Does your app needs updating?

I have had similar issue with youtube app as well, showing videos in 1080p which are actually 4K & used to play flawlessly on old Sony TV?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @mskhan01.

Could you give us the full model code of your TV and the current software version? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
mskhan01
Journeyman
Options

Model Code: UE65NU8070

Software Version: T-KTM2DEUC-1134.0,BT - S

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks @mskhan01. The software of your TV is up to date. Have you been able to view any 4K content on the TV? To make sure your apps are up to date, let's try a Smart Hub reset. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.

fausk
Apprentice
Options

Hi, how did you fis your problem, thanks a lot for answering me, I have the same problem.

0 Likes
fausk
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem, how did you fix it. I posted this:

I have a Samsung Smart TV UN65HU8500, its connected ti high speed internet.

When I use the Youtube app on the Samsung TV, videos that have the 4K symbol next to, when you go to set the resolution to 4K will not appear in the list. The max option displayed is always 1080p.

If I connect a PC to the same videos, and access youtube, I'm able to play the same video select the 4k and stream it perfectly.

How to I set get the 4k option to appear in the Samsung smart TV youtube app and get the videos to play in 4K.

Having spent thousands of $ on a 4K TV, I am not happy with this product that a simple youtube app isnt playing in 4K.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Redrooster
Explorer
Options
Only works in 4K in the web browser/YouTube
0 Likes