Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung N5300 no freeview

(Topic created on: 25-05-2020 04:15 PM)
1MB1
First Poster
Options

Hi, purchased a Samsung 32 inch NV5300 tv a few days ago for our bedroom. No matter what I try, I just can't pick up any freeview channels at all? Old tv could and still can if I plug that one back in but the only channels the Samsung tv gets are TVplus or something? Nothing wrong with aerial.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @1MB1 

Did you manage to sort this out or are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
GeorgeXCVI
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I brought a Samsung UE55TU7000KXXU yesterday, and am having the same problem. My old LG was and is still able to pick up channels with the same cable, but this one isnt? I ahve searched all over the app store, but cannot even find a freeview app. 

Would really appreciate some advice!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@GeorgeXCVI: Can you try going to Home > Live TV > Channel List > Press the direction button on your remote and move th focus to Terrestrial. Now, go to Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning Settings > Auto Tuning to see if this finds any channels. Alternatively, try Settings > Broadcasting > Expert Settings > Manual Tuning > Analogue Channel Tuning. For further details, please check page 60 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202003/20200316132410459/KT2DVBEUT-1.0.2_EM_KANT_EU_EN...
0 Likes
GeorgeXCVI
First Poster
Options

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Unfortunately I've tried all of this and nothing. I even bought a new cable and tried it again with my old TV and neither of those things were the problem. 

Any ofther suggestions/ solutions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is strange @GeorgeXCVI , do you get any message or code on the screen when you try to search for these? IS the TV running on the latest software version: 1115.3? You can check this from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV or Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes