Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung MU8000 colour banding issues

(Topic created on: 07-06-2018 01:07 PM)
Visitor198888
Apprentice
Options

I have the UE55mu8000 tv along with a Samsung K8500 uhd player .

ive recently just bought The Blue Planet 2 4k blue ray as I’ve read great reviews on how it show cases your tv,  I watched this in hd when it was broadcast and noticed a lot of colour banding but I put this down to the broadcast being in Hd, but watching in on my system in 4k uhd it’s just as bad?

i get the same issues when watching Netflix in 4k also.

ive tried all the settings under the sun to be honest, so I’m wondering if it’s a screen fault on my TV?

i have tried new HDMI cables also.  

I’ve include a couple,of pics to highlight the issue.  I’m sure a real 4k recording shouldn’t look like this on a new tv with a 10 bit screen?

Anyone else have this issue?

585386FD-C3C0-4B86-9611-7F3E05548A2B.jpeg96C3A460-B88D-4D30-B52F-D2ED2A505C9A.jpeg

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MrTugBoat87 wrote:

Hi David,

Same,  i couldnt find any reveiws where they pick this issues up, i think its mainly down to what video they use to reveiw them on. Probably something very bright in colour so it doesnt show the grey banding issues we have seen.

I would 100% go with going through SAMSUNG and the shop and just keep going until you get a resolution. I cannt believe the shop is asking you to take it back, thats very unfair of them. I would even argue that with them! Im based in the UK too, down in sunny old Berkshire. For my sins, im a Harry Potter fan, so i have the UHD collection, i tried it last night and it looked OK but the dark scenes again, the banding was noticable.  Once i have seen it, i cant carry on, my wife hardly noticed it on the last one i had (only last week then it was repaired) but even she can see it on this one.

Hoping they will come back to me today! 

You do know under consumer law they have the after 4 weeks they have the right to attempt a repair or replacement twice, after that you can reject the item and ask for a full refund.

https://www.which.co.uk/tools/faulty-goods-complaint-tool/

Try the above tool.

Paul

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sending that over. Ill have a word when the call me up later. The tried to originally say there was no issue and it was within Spec but im not having that, and told them so. So i took more photos from another app, instead of the Xbox, used the built in Netflix.

Lets see if they will sort me out this time. 

Cheers!!

0 Likes
Visitor198888
Apprentice
Options

Any updates chaps?

Dave

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Nothing yet mate, I’ll call them tomorrow if I’ve had no response!

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Just got a call back - they have advised that i need to take another photo of the screen test now! This is ridiculous! There is a clear issue with the unit and now i need more proof. The thing is, the issue is only noticible in dark images. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MrTugBoat87 wrote:

Just got a call back - they have advised that i need to take another photo of the screen test now! This is ridiculous! There is a clear issue with the unit and now i need more proof. The thing is, the issue is only noticible in dark images. 

Think you need to be persistent and insist on an engineer's visit. How long have you had the TV? 

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Massively. Ill be taking the photos when i get in. 

They asked me to take a photo of every connected device - i am not doing that. I have a photo from the Xbox and the built in YouTube App, for me, thats is enough. I didnt have to do that last time, anyway.

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Nothing back yet... They wanted MORE phtos on Friday. They logged onto my TV and restored which done nothing, which i knew it wouldnt...

Waiting to hear back later today! 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MrTugBoat87 wrote:

Nothing back yet... They wanted MORE phtos on Friday. They logged onto my TV and restored which done nothing, which i knew it wouldnt...

Waiting to hear back later today! 

Think I would ask for a refund. 

0 Likes
Visitor198888
Apprentice
Options

Any updates on the tv ?

regards

Dave

0 Likes