Did you mean: 

Samsung KS8000 issue with small, dark rectangle in upper left corner

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 05:38 AM)
Hennyis1
First Poster
Options

20201110_213934.jpg

Hello all,

Just started noticing a small dark rectangle in the upper left hand corner of the TV.

No matter what source it is, HDMI or cable TV, it's always there and nothing has worked.

I've unplugged and replugged all cables as well as the TV power cord itself but the dark box always comes back. 

Anyone else deal with something like this before and managed to fix it?

I bought the TV about 4 years ago and have taken as good of care of it as I can so I'm not sure why this is happening. 

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Hennyis1 

Let's try a picture test on the TV to see if this is still visible. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test.

0 Likes
Hennyis1
First Poster
Options

Hi ChrisM,

I'm at work at the moment, but as soon as I'm home I will follow your instructions and let you know what the results are.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Hennyis1
First Poster
Options

Ok! I did the test and I don't see the dark spot in the photo.

I also unplugged the cable to the connector box (all the HDMI jacks) and the spot went away. I did this before but the spot eventually returned. 

Could this mean there is an issue with the one connector box thing or its cable?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Great to hear! That may indicate that the issue is coming from the cable, connection, or external devices @Hennyis1 . Please monitor this and/or test every device and cable to find the root of the issue. 

0 Likes
Samantha Barowski
First Poster
Options

40F647F3-00D5-41D7-876F-253D0B4B395E.jpeg

We are having the same issue. Appeared today on all apps no resolve after picture test 

0 Likes
uzlov
First Poster
Options
0 Likes