Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Frame TV show your own photos option has been crippled

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 10:58 PM)
HansenLarsen
Apprentice
Options

I bought my #samsungframe more than 5 years ago and had the first app #SamsungView and when we uploaded our own pictures then we had multiple options for frames or no frame (borderless pictures)

then a few days ago I had to reset due to continous network problems only to see that it is now not possible to choose anything other than then terrible looking shadowframe - an out of fashion really discusting frame look- as a proffesionel Photographer I only bought it for the former feature it had and the great looking physical Wood frame. I’m angry and sad for the New #app #downgrade of options

I cannot even choose to pay for having it back!!!

My best guess is that they removed the feature to force more sales of their #Artcollection down peoples throats since all these pictures still comes with mulitiple choices of frames

shame on samsungs for this move 

3 REPLIES 3
HansenLarsen
Apprentice
Options

Update - after extensive research I have found a solution that makes it possible to get your own photos without frame 

There is a third party app that has made an easy solution that can solve it. Not for free but reasonably priced:

The frame tool 

Dtheartist
Student
Options

So I thought the same but realized the option is on the TV itself. Once you upload, click the middle button and it gives you all the options like color.

If the borderless option isn’t there with the other mat size options, the pixels need to be 3840 x 2160 exact. Whether an app or you individually resize (which what the app you reference basically just does if you don’t mind giving all access to photos).  

0 Likes
Dtheartist
Student
Options

That developer or app at least forces you to give access to all photos (not doesn’t allow you to limit your photo selection). Just a heads up

0 Likes