Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV 2022 audio-sync issues after Art-mode fix

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 01:31 PM)
Ehv_Nils
Apprentice
Options

In the past weeks, an issue existed with the Art-mode of 2022 Frame TV’s. This issue meant that the TV’s could no longer leave Art-mode without using a work-around (using the smartphone-app or voice control on the remote). The issue was fixed by Samsung via a software+update.

However … I now see multiple users (including me) experiencing sync-issues with audio in Netflix, HBO Max, YouTube etc. These issues mean that (in my case) I need to press pause/play every couple of minutes to re-sync. And that is not OK. 

The initial Art-mode issue is now marked as solved. So, to not let this new issue be buried somewhere, I would like to give/get some extra attention to the current issue and ask Samsung also for a fix for this one. 

Again this is not how such an expensive TV should work (or any TV b.t.w.)  so a short-term fix is highly appreciated. 

Link to previous issue: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/new-the-frame-tv-2022-stuck-in-art-mode-and-other-issues/m-p/...

63 REPLIES 63
ShallowMan
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I have the same problem with HBO. I often have to stop and restart shows to get it to sync.

FransG
Apprentice
Options

Yes, problems still exist with syncing. Also in Art mode my soundbar doesn’t work, when I switch to TV it stays off.

Todd4
Apprentice
Options

Same issue. It has come and gone since before the Artmode update, but seems to be more frequent after the last artmode update. No soundbar, just the native speaker. We notice it frequently with the Hulu app, but have caught it doing the same thing on Disney & Netflix as well

DuckBilledElephant
Apprentice
Options

Also have noticed this with Netflix and youtube on multiple occasions since the update to artmode. Using v1304.1 on 55inch 2022 Samsung Frame.

My workaround is frequent pause and play to fix the sync temporarily.

JenAdelaide
Student
Options

Thank you for posting this. I have the same problem and didn't know that pressing pause/play would help. Now I will try that ... but it's not a good permanent fix, so this customer expects Samsung to fix it please!

Cybervlad750
Student
Options

I have the same problem on a brand new 85 inch frame. All streaming apps sound goes out of sync. The only way to resync is to  pause the video every 3-5 minutes. This is very frustrating, I am thinking about returning the TV unless quick update with the fix is published soon.

readingdancer
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with the Audio, I just bought the 55" model in the black friday sales, I've just mounted it on the wall and now discover it has this awful sync issue. I had the smaller 43" 2021 model and that didn't have this issue. I agree with other comments this is totally unacceptable for any TV to by so badly out of sync. I'd say it was close to 1/2 second out of sync at times which looks and sounds awful.

moldyspore
Apprentice
Options

Seeing this on a 55" Frame 2022 version after the latest update. Didn't have a sync issue before. Then all of a sudden started happening. Have a Samsung soundbar hooked up over eARC, but it happens on the built in speaker as well as the soundbar after 5-20 minutes of watching. Same issue as everyone else.

Is there just no QC on these firmware updates? How can this big of an issue be missed?

Been going on for several weeks now. Any ETA on a fix from Samsung? $2000+ TV and soundbar setup and been nothing but problems. Starting to think it's time to go LG for my next TV.

ABenj8
Apprentice
Options

Had same lip sync sound issue on new Sonos Soundbar and new QN90B.  Just upgraded to LG C2 and returned Samsung QN90B. Sonos Arc connected via eArc works like a charm! No audio issues whatsoever. Meanwhile, I see this sounds issues all over these boards - what the hell is Samsung doing about it!?