Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV (2020) turns off unexpectedly while in Art mode

(Topic created on: 16-12-2021 06:37 PM)
Sofie_Swe
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Our Frame TV (2020) turns off unexpectedly while in Art mode. We have set the 'auto turnoff' to 4 hours and it turns off long before and while we are still near it. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Best regards, Sofie

33 REPLIES 33
SoftwareSteve
First Poster
Options

I figured mine out. After a factory reset its working fine again, something with the storage gets corrupted. I haven’t uploaded my own art and its been fine. But this is something samsung needs to address.

0 Likes
CDM
First Poster
Options

Thanks very much, I'll try that today. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
mark580
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues with my brand new 2021 55" set.  It's very erratic.  Sometimes it will comply with the energy saving settings, and sometimes not.  It can stay in art mode for over 12 hours and then sometimes for less than an hour.   Samsung just replaced the mother board behind the screen, but that did nothing.  Their technical support is very poor.  The phone rep never even mentioned the energy saving feature.   It didn't help, but still should have been tried. 

0 Likes
mark580
First Poster
Options

Does factory reset mean the reset you can do yourself in "settings?"

0 Likes
KaylanDallasTX
First Poster
Options

You guys!! I think I found the solution! We have had our Samsung frame TV for two days and it started doing the exact same thing the moment we unboxed it. I toggled the setting to OFF for the light detection setting. That has seemed to work! Our frame TV no longer shuts off after one minute once making a art piece selection. Hope this works for others! For reference, we have a 2021 55 inch Frame TV

Samsangandleft
Student
Options

Kalyan that worked for me……thank you. 

Melilie
First Poster
Options

Kaylan, this does work! Specifically, while in Art Mode, go to Settings, then Night Mode. Change to Off. In my case, the TV is automatically turning off by itself because there is little to no light detected in the room.

detowell
First Poster
Options

Very helpful, thanks!  Once I realized there was a separate settings menu for TV mode and Art mode, the solution was clear.  Thanks for that clarification! 

michaeljmuller
First Poster
Options

Yes!  Thank you!  This happened to me after I installed the bezels.  I think the bezels obscure the light sensor.  I wish I had discovered this before I did a factory reset and lost all my wife's art "favorites".  😞

PaulthePirate
Explorer
Options

This 100000x.  My issue was the bezels I bought from Samsung are messing with the light sensor.  I had to turn night mode off at the bottom of the Art area, and it's good to go.  Amazing thier own bezels break the default settings.  I had tried everything else in the TV settings, but this was it.