Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame Slideshow Issues

(Topic created on: 11-11-2021 09:43 PM)
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

Slideshow Samsung Frame Slideshow Issue 

Hi, this is a continuation of a thread complaining about slideshow issues whereby the slideshow stops and just shows the first image from your pictures.

I will attempt to copy a few of the messages that may have provided an answer

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options
Stevegw_0-1635352052047.jpeg

First Poster
OPTIONS
TV

Dear Community,

since I have turned off sleep mode/Movement detection I stay logged in and the Slide Show works.

I don´t know if the same issue is with night mode but I guess everything that turns off the TV logs you out and you have to log in to your Samsung account again to have all features working !!!

Tony Gray
Apprentice
Options

Mine just started doing this a few weeks ago, I'm guessing after a recent software update?  I'll try turning off sleep mode, though my answer so far has been to just manually change the image every few days.

0 Likes
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Tony

When I changed the setting for motion detection to turn off it kind of worked but then the screen Is on the whole time. It’s not very user friendly either way.  Do you update your Samsung TV by downloading on to USB stick. There does appear to have been a software update for ages for my Frame TV

Tony Gray
Apprentice
Options

I'm just doing art mode from the at store, not actually using my own images.  One of the other posts suggested it might be as easy as logging out and back in to my Samsung account, so I'm trying that too.

0 Likes
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

I think I tried the logging out and in bit but will try it again , thanks Tony

Tony Gray
Apprentice
Options

Confirmed - it may not be this easy for everybody, but all I had to do was log out and back in to my Samsung account through the settings menu and it started working again.  It's back to cycling through the slide show in art mode.

0 Likes
Catdaddy MD
First Poster
Options

Apparently, something got lost in translation. When you set duration, you and I might think it’d mean how long the entire slideshow would run for.  Samsung programmed “set duration” to mean how long each picture stays up before switching. Therefore, when you set a 2 hour slideshow, it keeps each photo up for 2 hours before switching, hence people thinking it will freeze and stay on the same picture forever.

I just set up my 2021 Frame TV on 8/7/22, and changed the duration to 3 minutes. It changes my uploaded photos every 3 minutes. I hope that clears things up for people; it certainly frustrated me for a few hours. 

0 Likes